Fishing and Golf

So I am sitting here at Lake Fork thinking about the one bite I had yesterday.
    Pink worm that I was casting after working a bedding bass for an hour to no avail.
    I threw quite a few baits at her and she never came out from under the root wad until finally I threw the pink worm and she came way out. Unfortunately I couldn’t see her until I cranked it back and she flashed! Gave up on her but figured if the pink worm was the only thing to bring her out I will keep using it. So I left that fish and went on down the bank in 4-5 foot of water on both sides of me.
    15 minutes later WHAM! Fish on and then she is up and shaking her huge head at me and I am feeling the adrenaline rush. Spinning rod and 12 pound mono as I was fishing the pink worm weightless. I got a good hook set and felt that she was swimming my way I took off to grab the net while leading her to the boat. Got back in the seat and turned to continue the fight as she now turned away from the boat with a full head of steam. Pop goes the line. Must have been a nick in the line from fishing around all this timber down here. Crushed. Such a brief battle. So few seconds to react. Biggest fish I have had on the line in many years probably 8-10 pounds. Way bigger than the 2 6 1/2 pounders I caught in Mexico last month. My search for a new PB will continue down here. I have not played much golf in the last 2 months as my quest continues.
    So I was trying to think that in all my years of golf, where would I get the adrenaline rush that catching a big bass or even not catching a big bass but hooking it. Maybe a hole in one if I ever get one. More like a almost hole in one that hits the cup and then out for this last bass.
    Winning a match play game on the last hole was a great feeling after going to the 19th hole is probably it for me. It was the championship of my match play tournament at a new club for me. My wife came out and watched me play the 19th hole which was the same hole I began the match on by hitting my drive OB into the driving range! I parred it the second time. My opponent was a multiple winner of the tournament in the years before I showed up. It was a very satisfying round as I was dormie at 16 and won 4 in a row from there. He had 5 birdies prior to that and I had 3. One of mine was a 20 foot putt to top his 2 foot birdie putt on a par 3. It was the best match play game I have ever played.

Can any of you fella’s or gals relate golf and fishing experiences and feelings?

2. Member
    good post. I could write on this subject for quite a while. Maybe I will at a later time. But the short of it is the competition aspect of both.