Barkley Conditions?

Has anyone drove over or been on Barkley recently? I saw a pic of that mudline coming in through the canal earlier this week, curious if it's a muddy mess or cleaning up any.

2. Member
    The canal is stained. Eddy creek looked a little muddy. Overall not bad. Up almost 2' over summer pool. Some floaters and trash.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zbasser View Post
    The canal is stained. Eddy creek looked a little muddy. Overall not bad. Up almost 2' over summer pool. Some floaters and trash.
    Doesn't sound too bad, thanks!

4. Member
    I fished Barkley this past Tuesday around Kutawa area and there are some floaters on main river and river is heavily stained but not real muddy. The bays are less stained and are fishable. we only fished shallow and caught several short fish but no "big girls" in the bushes for us. Fished ned rig, tube, chatter bait and shallow cranks. We probably had 12 0r 15 fish for 4 hours fishing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I fished Barkley this past Tuesday around Kutawa area and there are some floaters on main river and river is heavily stained but not real muddy. The bays are less stained and are fishable. we only fished shallow and caught several short fish but no "big girls" in the bushes for us. Fished ned rig, tube, chatter bait and shallow cranks. We probably had 12 0r 15 fish for 4 hours fishing.
    Nice report, thanks! We ended up fishing Barkley Friday morning, they had pulled it pretty good Thursday night and there was a bunch of debris floating in the creek channels out to the main lake, but water color was decent. Didn't do any good over there so ended up fishing Kentucky, which wasn't much better for us.