2015 F150 Headlights - How to cut

Alright...hoping someone has figured this out already and can provide some help.

Have what was originally a Canada 2015 f150, and the headlights automatically turn on when the truck is in gear (even with the switch in the off position). I bet everyone loves when I can't shut my lights off while backing down the ramp.

I was hoping it was like the older trucks where the headlights have their own fuse and I could tap into the circuit there to install a switch, but it looks like the lights are run through the BCM and I think this may complicate things a bit.

Or are the just a headlight fuse but labeled as different? 40a and 50a seem a bit high to be headlight fuses IMO, and it seems wired that each side high and low would be on one fuse...link to diagram I found below

https://static.cargurus.com/images/s...284.1650370376
    Fish have fins, they swim

2. Member
    Try pushing emergancy brake down 1 click.

3. Member
    That’s really strange because my 2013, 2016, and also my 2019 would shut off the lights on the dial without any issues, if you go to parking lights do the headlights stay on? If so I would be wondering if there’s something more wrong…unless they are doing something special for Canadian production
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

4. Member
    I know you can have interior lights, rear cargo lamp and all the other lights that come on when you hit the FOB, put into Dark mode or Police mode through the dealership. I had my 2013 F150 change to dark mode. But I don’t know if that will change the way headlights are controlled.

5. Member
    This setting can be changed in Forscan.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    That’s really strange because my 2013, 2016, and also my 2019 would shut off the lights on the dial without any issues, if you go to parking lights do the headlights stay on? If so I would be wondering if there’s something more wrong…unless they are doing something special for Canadian production
    Lights can be controlled from the dial while in park, but once out of park DRL come on. I think DRL is supposed to be slightly dimmer than the headlights but it is not noticeable. Canada required DRL to be on while vehicle is moving I believe.
    Last edited by PJ-Rohlf; 04-20-2022 at 07:37 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollopoint94 View Post
    This setting can be changed in Forscan.
    So probably have to have a dealer that knows what they are doing reprogram?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ-Rohlf View Post
    So probably have to have a dealer that knows what they are doing reprogram?
    MAYBE, but forscan is a private user program where you can decide what features you want or not. the dealership normally wont change factory settings or don't know how. I am going to get the program and connectors to eliminate all the BS chimes on both my 2020 pickups. they are just steady on when you are doing anything other than driving the truck. Find someone with the program, go to a website like ford truck enthusiasts and find out what codes need to be changed. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebass View Post
    Try pushing emergancy brake down 1 click.
    That didn't work.

CJ - What forscan adapter were you going to order? Seems to be 100 of them all with varying reviews

XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115