Talon weird things happening.

Any Talon techs in here?
    I have a pair of 12’ talons. One of them sometimes doesn’t come up quite all the way. Stops at like 98% and beeps. Also on that talon the middle light doesn’t illuminate which I thought might be a sign of something. Also my talon app shows 2 12’ paired but the app when they’re all the way down only says 8 feet. Pics attached to show what I mean. Looking for some insight.

Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

2. Member
    S/N? Best way to tell what year it is. Illumination issue could be a board issue. Have you tried to flush and the lubricate the Talon? Lay on side Extend all the way out flush with fresh water or take it to the lake and extend all the way and then idle around for a couple of min and the store the unit. Lub the slots on the 2nd and third stage with pledge. This has to be don at home laying on its side and extended all the way.

The board saying it is an 8' when it is a 10' or 12' is I believe normal. If the board is replaced there is a calibration procedure that has to be done to sync the lights to the spike location while extending.
    Does that look right when the spike is extending? All the lights when extended 1/2 when is 1/2 extended and so forth.

As far as the 3 beeps when it is retracting there are a few things to look at when retracting. To may to explain here. That is related to the spike not being fully retraced.
    It is best you bring to an ASC to get it looked at.

3. Member
    SN S060MK00699
    Model 1810452

I was trying to upload pics from my phone but it wasn't working so lets see if this helps. also when the spike comes up 99% of the way and stops I was wondering if that could be a spike sensor issue. Why would the Talon app show 8 feet when its a 12 foot talon ? known issue with the app?

4. Member
    The LED not coming on is a board issue. As far as the App. Was the board ever replaced? If so then the board was not calibrated to the 12' length you have.
    I am still uncertain weather the Talon is indicating correctly when deploying and storing as I asked before. All lights should not be lit until the talon is fully extended and the light should match the position of the Talon as it deploys and retracts.

5. Member
    The lights are correct. When it fails to go in all the way to say 99% I get the triple beep and 1 led stays on. When fully deployed all lights with the exception of the middle are illuminated as shown in the picture. The app however shows 8’ down when it’s actually 12. When i go into connected devices in the app it shows 2 12’ talons connected.

unsure about the board being replaced.

6. Member
    There are magnets on the very end of the spike piston. That piston holds the spike in place. If the spike is not retracting all the way then the magnet will not energize the switch to say the spike is retracted completely. I am guessing at what could be the problem. Unless I look into it I can not tell you with back and forth post what is causing the issue. At this point If it is a big issue with you then bring to an ASC for repair for this will take a certified Mechanic to repair. Also this unit has a 5 year warranty on all parts and labor. So this will benefit you if you bring it in.

7. Member
    According to the website the warranty is not transferable and I’m the second owner so should I just buy a control board online? Do they not stand by their product for the full warranty if you’re not the original owner?

8. Member
    Warranty only covers the original owner. If you bring to repair shop they should warranty the replacement parts and labor for 90days.