Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is a 3 graph setup at the bow becoming the new norm?

Among the BASS Elite, and MLF anglers would you say there are more 3 graph setups than 2?

2. Member
    To me I would like to keep it simple and just have one large graph instead of 2 or more.

3. Member
    Went from a lone 7" to a 12" last year and still can't believe it.

4. Member
    Each brand has something they seem to excel at, so in order to have the best available, three is it.

5. Member
    It does seem almost standard now.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    I had a single 12 up front for the last couple years. Last season I added a 2nd 12. Took it off a week later as it was taking up too much room.

A single 12” or 16” graph is all I’ll ever have up front. It’s worked so far. I’m there to fish, not watch graphs all day.
    To each his own.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    Its all marketing. Just think of the amount of $$$ we investing into fishing. What's a couple grand more? When you think about it, probably half the products we own are meant to catch us not the fish.

9. Member
    I have dual 12" Lowrance Lives on the bow, mounted on a BBT stacked mount. It doesn't take up anymore usable space then a single 12" unit. I love the set up I have, very functional. I would like to add a Hummingbird 360 but I really don't want to go to 3 graphs on the bow and another added ducer in the water!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Among the BASS Elite, and MLF anglers would you say there are more 3 graph setups than 2?
    Yes, among the Pros and the wanna be like one..... but not for me, one on bow is plenty.

11. Member
    I'm starting to see 4 from the young you tube pros. Lol OK kids with unlimited money or can't pay the rent which ever comes first.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

12. Member
    For the pros yes. The average guy doesn’t need it. I still catch fish with one 5 year old 10 inch. I don’t wear a jersey though either.

13. Member
    Yes you need to have a minimum of 5 graphs on the boat, lithium batteries, spot lock trolling motor, 250 hp motor, dual power poles and at least 20 rod and reel combos that cost no less than $500 a piece to be able to catch bass these days. Fish are getting smarter, and they are to the point now that they can tell how much you have spent on you boat and equipment, any less than 100K total and they won't bite.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    If you're not running seven, are you even fishing?

I don't think it's becoming the norm here. It's still kinda rare to see a local guy running 3 up front. We are in an area where bass fishing is pretty popular too.

It is becoming more common as FF sonar becomes more common. A lot of folks would run 2 so that they could dedicate on to mapping and the other for typical depth, temp, etc. Now, many of those same folks are running a 3rd screen that is dedicated to LiveScope or another brand of FF sonar.

I prefer to run one large (15" Solix) and simply run split screen of mapping and down image and a 2nd 12" Garmin touch screen for LiveScope on the front deck. I run 2 identical Helix 12's at the console and use one strictly for mapping and the other for side-scan and down-scan.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    It is becoming more common as FF sonar becomes more common. A lot of folks would run 2 so that they could dedicate on to mapping and the other for typical depth, temp, etc.
    Yup. I had two on my last boat, a helix 7 and an older used 958. That way my 958 could be linked to my console unit so my waypoints were shared. Makes a big difference IMO to have a dedicated map
    Fish have fins, they swim

18. Member
    Definitely not the norm here. Most here only run 2 total with some running 2-helm 1- bow or the other way.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

i run 2 one for map other panoptics that's about all you see local.

20. Member
    Because I can't find fish, I'll add as many graphs as I can until start catching something. Right? Haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast