Need Help Deciding

Need some outsider input on what route I need to take. I looking at either a tracker Proteam 175 or a Havoc Marshrunner 1756. The options I’m gonna add is a garmin force or ultrex, 9” graph at console and 12” at the bow. Most of the lakes i fish are cypress tree filled lakes a couple of bigger oxbows. I primarily bass fish but do fish for crappie as well. I figure tracker will ride better but something like a havoc would be easier to keep clean. Don’t need a live well cause either it’s catch and release or straight to the cooler. Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    I think the decision can only be yours based on what your gut tells you. You are probably leaning towards one already, I would just go with what you know.

3. Member
    My gut is telling me price wise the tracker is the better deal. I’m just starting to see a lot of the havoc boats on the lakes and wonder if there is something I’m unaware of. I do understand that they are just a glorified flat bottom boat but I really don’t know.

4. Member
    In 40 years of owning boats, I've always purchased from the dealer with the best service. As far as TM and Electronics, Minn Kota is the standard and I've used Birds since the 70s. If you get a Tracker 175, get the 75hp motor. You'll cruise at the WOT of the 60 and the 175s are now 1100#.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    I had a PT175TXW. Great boat. Definitely get the 75 if you can. 80# tm is great but it's easy to get the back end of the boat too heavy. I didn't have lithium TM batteries, but it would have made a difference.
    2021 Gator Trax 21' Strike Series
    Mercury 250 ProXS #3B134663

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies the tracker is what I was leaning towards. Like I said I see a lot of havoc boats now and from what I gathered cost almost what a tracker would just didn’t know what the reason why they would go with a flat bottom boat. Maybe I’m missing something.

7. Member
    Just be sure to get an X7 Spitfire prop. It is fantastic and gives GREAT back end lift, so don't worry about an extra battery. The way the Trackers sit with the bow high, a 24v motor is a necessity.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

I sent you a private message about a good used aluminum boat in Arkansas that is a good boat and a good deal compared to what they sell for now. If interested....call very soon. It will be gone soon.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluzharp View Post
    I had a PT175TXW. Great boat. Definitely get the 75 if you can. 80# tm is great...
    X2...!
    Last edited by King_Fish; 04-19-2022 at 03:26 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

10. Member
    My vote would be the Tracker 175 with the 75 hp motor or the 190 with the 115hp. Don't get a 175 with a 60hp on it, they are underpowered and those engines are made overseas. The 75hp and larger is made in America.