Raptor installation help - drilling into Jack plate

Hey guys

Searched the forums/Internet and not finding much help. I still need to buy the brackets and not sure the setback needed or where to drill into the jack plate as there are actually no holes... Any help is appreciated, just looking for and guidance before drilling...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Ranger z520 Silverado Edition
    2017 Merc 250 ProXS

If you look close there is usually some punch *****s under the Ranger silver logo. Rub your fingers over it and the punch *****s will stand out. If you can't find them then center up the mounting plate on top of the logo and mark the hole locations.

I don't know about Raptors but on the Powerpole website they have a mounting plate selector tool where you can enter the boat and jackplate and it will show the mount necessary. You could run that and it will give you an offset and setback figure. Its coded into the part number.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

From the Minnkota website. I googled this for you: https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...plate-Brkt.pdf
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

4. Member
    Very helpful Butch, thank you! Now I need to determine if I need their 4 or 6" transom brackets lol
    2017 Merc 250 ProXS

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird_ View Post
    Very helpful Butch, thank you! Now I need to determine if I need their 4 or 6" transom brackets lol
    6. Rangers need a 2 6 if going w power poles raptors be no different 6 inch rise. Johnson outdoors really needs get there act together with making something like an adapter plate finder for there customers. If it were power pole you would also need the bobs ap spacers due to the milled recess in the bobs. Not sure what minn kota' s plan is there or has even thought bout it. . You may just wanna go with power pole brackets what alot are doing. Power Pole has there act together being in business 22 years .. Less expensive as well.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 04-16-2022 at 08:24 AM.

6. Member
    I had the same jackplate on a boat. I centered the brackets up and drilled and tapped the jackplate. I did it with talons. And had to use the spacers
    Ultrex 112 ipilot link MDI....Mega Live Targetlock….360 Mega….Helix 12 MSI G4N ……Helix 12 MDI G4N .....Helix 12 MDI G3N .....Helix 12 MSI G2N.....Helix 12 SI G2N...
    8’ AA Raptors

7. Member
    Balden-

Are you referring to these spacers? Looks like Bob's doesn't sell a different one so must be it?

https://bobsmachine.com/product/talo...-mount-spacer/
    2017 Merc 250 ProXS

8. Member
    Correct. I’ll check when I get home. I think I still have them
    Ultrex 112 ipilot link MDI....Mega Live Targetlock….360 Mega….Helix 12 MSI G4N ……Helix 12 MDI G4N .....Helix 12 MDI G3N .....Helix 12 MSI G2N.....Helix 12 SI G2N...
    8’ AA Raptors

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbird_ View Post
    Balden-

Are you referring to these spacers? Looks like Bob's doesn't sell a different one so must be it?

https://bobsmachine.com/product/talo...-mount-spacer/
    buy the bobs ap spacers from Power Pole. ther cheaper and powdercoated.. Instock at K and K