Pheonix to Caymas

are there any guys out there that came from a Pheonix to a Caymas Specifically a 919 pro Looking at a Cx 19 . if so how do they compare / likes and dislikes of both . research on the caymas Is impressive so far

2. Member
    Ive heard both. Some say the caymas is a bit better all way around

3. Member
    I’ve had phoenix- as above caymas better all way around

4. Member
    I had a 819 phoenix and now have the CX19. The fit and finish are even to me. The tackle storage and the storage behind the seats are both way larger on the Caymas! The rod lockers have boxes and are smaller than the Phoenix. To me the rod locker on the port side is fine but the starboard side I wish went all the way to the bottom of the boat. Starboard rod locker is where I keep life jackets and rain gear and I can just barely get that stuff in there because it is so shallow. The bilge area in the Caymas is superior by far! The ride so far is as good in the Caymas but different if that makes sense. The digital gauge on the Caymas is junk I am taking it back to the dealer the 3rd time tomorrow. Fuel gauge is all over the map! I have only had the Caymas close to a month now so I could give a better verdict later down the road.

5. Member
    I had been running Rangers for several years, but this Caymas is absolutely one of the best rigs i have ever ran. Total performance from fishing off the front, to running top end, to ridding in those rollers and to the clean battery compartment plus the slick wiring harness. I am very happy with my rig and i have been running boats for over 50 years.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    I had been running Rangers for several years, but this Caymas is absolutely one of the best rigs i have ever ran. Total performance from fishing off the front, to running top end, to ridding in those rollers and to the clean battery compartment plus the slick wiring harness. I am very happy with my rig and i have been running boats for over 50 years.
    Could not agree more, I had 9 Rangers and 8 Tritons, one Bullet and one Caymas, this Caymas is the best boat I have ever owned.

the gas gauge in the phoenix is a problem also. so not a deal breaker. how is the chine walk and speed ( i know this is really a fair comparison coming from a 200 HP to a 225)

8. Member
    I had seen 72 in the 819 that was just me little gas and a full tournament load of gear with the current. The CX19 has 0 chine walk and I have had it up to 72.9 but only have 5 hours on the motor. That was with the same gear and 3/4 thank of fuel. The Caymas when it gets on pad feels like it is way higher out of the water than the Phoenix. Phoenix was a 2 stroke and it was a little faster out of the hole but not by a lot. So far I have been pleased with the caymas but on the other hand I was not disappointed in the Phoenix. Either way you decide to go I think you will be happy.

9. Member
    I just wish the seats weren't on the floor like the TRX Tritons.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger#22 View Post
    I just wish the seats weren't on the floor like the TRX Tritons.
    xc19 here. i don't find them to be on the floor. they sit higher than my skeeter zxr did. With the way they are mounted, you could easily put in a spacer to raise them.

I think the ride in my cx19 is almost identical to my dad's basscat cougar ftd...higher in the water, dry ride, smooth landing.

11. Member
    I do not feel like i am sitting on the floor either, if I was sitting up higher in the boat it would not feel right.