Custom Blank to fit JDM Handle Section

I have a new Expride B rod that unfortunately broke - the handle is detachable, and I was wondering if another blank section (NFC Point Blank etc) can be made to fit inside the handle?

Looking for 6'10 - 7'1 assembled length and this is for jerkbaits.

2. Member
    I'd have to have it in my hands to say whether or not anything could be done...I'd imagine most builders would say the same...no warranty option?

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I'd have to have it in my hands to say whether or not anything could be done...I'd imagine most builders would say the same...no warranty option?
    Absolutely. Not sure what reason 162 is dealing with. Not sure what a detachable handle looks like but I suspect the epoxy may have let go or something. If you could post a pic of what you have that would help.

All that said, sectioning a rod back prolly isn’t a good solution for you or builder.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    Absolutely. Not sure what reason 162 is dealing with. Not sure what a detachable handle looks like but I suspect the epoxy may have let go or something. If you could post a pic of what you have that would help.

All that said, sectioning a rod back prolly isn’t a good solution for you or builder.
    It's a grip joint model - so it comes apart at the handle.

5. Member
    Can't see why it can't be done, blank selection will have to coincide with your needs and match the diameter you are looking for or you may have to make/buy a ferrule to match your grips ID.

6. Member
    i've wondered about the jdm rods that are a 2pc/grip joint and just using the handle section with different blanks for different techniques.