3 bank onboard charger

This question may have been asked before but I couldn’t find anything on it. I have a 2007 PT 175 txw, do any of you know of a 3 bank onboard charger that will fit in the location of the factory Guest 2 bank?

2. #FRB
    If it's the same narrow spot that's on the inside of the transom on my 2016 175txw here's what I use. Great little charger. I keep mine plugged in 24/7. I use it on a group 31 agm and a pair of wet group 24dc's.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

3. Member
    Yes it is the narrow spot on transom just behind the batteries.

4. Member
    Noco pro
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. #FRB
    If you get the Minnkota PC you won't be disappointed. Not saying what's best because I don't know so do your research once you get a list of chargers that will fit. If it would have fit I would have gotten one of the higher end Dual Pro chargers.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Thanks for the input guys!

7. Member
    You could always not mount the charger in the boat, I removed my 3 bank MK charger (315D) because I wanted more room in my compartment for a bigger battery. When I get home just hook up and charge all 3 batteries, takes about 2 minutes to hook up and even less time to unhook (I use wing nuts). I have to say my boat sits in the garage when not being used but at least the charger is not bouncing down the lake or making my boat 15 lb. heavier ! I mounted my charger to a piece of plywood, with a handle, and some on here have mounted their charger to the back wall of their garage near the boat.
    Last edited by FrancoCialone; 07-18-2022 at 01:18 PM.

8. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    You could always not mount the charger in the boat, I removed my 3 bank MK charger because I wanted more room in my compartment for a bigger battery. When I get home just hook up and charge all 3 batteries, takes about 2 minutes to hook up and even less time to unhook (I use wing nuts). I have to say my boat sits in the garage when not being used but at least the charger is not bouncing down the lake or making my boat 15 lb. heavier ! I mounted my charger to a piece of plywood, with a handle, and some on here have mounted their charger to the back wall of their garage near the boat.
    I wonder if a male and female round trailer light plug would work for a quick connect/disconnect?
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    You could always not mount the charger in the boat, I removed my 3 bank MK charger because I wanted more room in my compartment for a bigger battery. When I get home just hook up and charge all 3 batteries, takes about 2 minutes to hook up and even less time to unhook (I use wing nuts). I have to say my boat sits in the garage when not being used but at least the charger is not bouncing down the lake or making my boat 15 lb. heavier ! I mounted my charger to a piece of plywood, with a handle, and some on here have mounted their charger to the back wall of their garage near the boat.

I have a MK315 that I have been using like that for a while now and I’m just tired of having to hook up and unhook them every time, plus sometimes my 14 yo son hooks them up to charge and he has hooked them up wrong, luckily I caught him before he plugged the charger in so no harm no foul. It’s much easier for him (and me) to just plug the charger in and it’s done, call me lazy but I went with the MK318pcl, it fits in the factory location, I mounted a piece of pvc board where the original Guest charger was and then mounted the new charger to the pvc board. Works perfectly.

10. Member
    Minn Kota 1833450 MK 345 PC Precision On-Board Marine Battery Charger, 3 Bank x 15 Amps

I put this in my 2020175 TXW an love it. Quickly Recharges all three batteries and fit up against the transom which was where my standard 2 bank that came with the boat was.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

11. Member
    I also recommend the Minn Kota MK 345PC, I mounted mine on top of the gas tank on HDPE board, and added the 3rd battery. It fit my boat, no problem