Yough early Spring

As of yesterday 4/11/22 the Yough water level is up. As a reference the steps near the swimming area is in the water. I was one of the last boats to fish along the breast as I watched them put out the trash line around 4pm.

The water is cold averaging around 44 degrees, plus or minus a few degrees.

No more Zombie bass. Lol that is what I call them when they have that pale white or yellow look.

Fishing has actually been good. The few people I know have been catching fish each trip. OK so it took me three trips to get my first. I just fish with better partners or lucky.

I will note the water is stained near the dam then turning muddy as you move into Maryland. On this trip there wasn't really an issue with debris. Though it is wise to understand it could be there.

I recommend fishing points and shallow shorelines with a fast drop off.

Now for some fun, I wished I had my camera. I saw a brand new blue Nitro Z 21 unloaded into the dock, prop first. Yeah the one side of the ramp doesn't give you much room. Not the best side to unload hoping your girl friend / wife can hold the rope. Don't worry the dock with stop the boat with a cool impact.

Friday is looking like a great day to get back on. Unfortunately I have an appointment to get my winter tires off.

Live Scope. I think I enjoy watching people watching their live scope more than fishing. Basically when you ask they didn't see any fish and didn't catch any. One of these days they are just going to crash into my boat or the shore, lol.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    I forgot to add, take a trip down to Buffalo and see the eagle on top of the pole. Next time I have to remember to bring my camera and big lens.

3. Member
    IMG_1830001.jpg

Love Spring fishing. Yeah we loaded the boat today. Hit the lake right after rain stopped around 3pm and fished to dark. Sorry decided to post only photo that doesn't share position or bait. My buddy and I were the only ones on the lake. I would say we averaged a fish every 20 mins.

Nice small mouth.

5. Member
    20220422_121908.jpg

Back to back days on the Yough and still getting those Spring Smallies.

6. Member
    Make it three days and a total 34 fish caught. Going for the forth straight day. Finally my boat. My fishing partners have been one BFL fisherman,Mike from MD and Steinybass. In addition to the bass today I did boat a really nice Northern. It gave us a nice leap and belly rolls. You know I didn't think to take a photo.

20220423_214049.jpg

7. Member
    20220424_120631.jpg20220424_103710~2.jpg

Today I finish 4 straight days on the water. We had another really good day today. We honestly lost count on the number of fish we caught. It was great to be back in my boat. I can say that by the time I caught my last fish my thumb were bleeding. After four days they were flat out raw. What I can say the Yough has been on fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images