Raptor Footswitch and Remotes Inconsistent Responsiveness

I have a new 2022 Skeeter that came from the Skeeter with Raptors. I have used the boat about 5 times and find the footswitches and the handheld remotes are inconsistent in responding to the commands (Double tap down and single tap up for full deploy or hold the up for down for manual control). Sometimes they work and other times it takes multiple attempts to deploy or retract with both the foot and the handheld remotes. Is this user error or a possible problem? I had power poles for years with no issues. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    bluetooth ( raptor) vs RF ( powerpole).. like anything bluetooth expect issues.

3. Member
    And the guy that sells power poles wouldn't be biased right? Asking for a friend.

4. Member
    Make sure your current software update is current and also make sure your sensitivity setting isn't too high they don't work well in cold weather if the sensitivity is high, just some things to rule out.

5. Member
    I’ve had nothing but connection issues with my 2022 Skeeter Raptors. I had PP Pros on my last boat that I installed and other than replacing one control board for free, they worked flawless every time. Now with these I was actually stuck twice today for over 30 min each time trying to get them to retract, even manually on the pump units themselves. Powered off everything, isolation switches and all. Finally on one power-up and letting them sit, they let me manually retract them. Whew. Wasn’t sure my next plan other than cutting the hydraulic hoses and pulling them up manually. Stupid! So frustrating. I hope to get them reliable, otherwise they’ll come off.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brush hog Billy View Post
    And the guy that sells power poles wouldn't be biased right? Asking for a friend.
    its not biased its fact. Well known fact bluetooth loses connectivity alot and has to be re paired often even minn kota fan boys complain about it.

7. Member
    Im in a 721, I have to unscrew my foot stomp buttons and bring them closer to the pumps to sync them. Raptor Bluetooth was a horrible idea.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

8. Member
    With the same experience as you, there is no rime or reason on functionality with them. The hand held remote does seem to work better.
    I've had great deal of issues with the Stomp buttons. Locky for me they failed before warrantee ran out. I hope the newer ones are better.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    I have connections to graph, stomp switch, and remotes. I am yet to have a single problem with my system. I have noticed that the sequence that my graphs are started up can cause the pairing to take longer or make my graphs not respond correctly. This is only a master unit issue that has happened twice because the units were booted up out of sequence. The raptors have performed flawlessly and the active anchoring definitely holds it's ground.

10. Member
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to unpair your Raptors with your Helix Units without unpairing every device to the Raptor?

It’s a nnoying getting the “Raptors Disconnected” error popping up on the screen continuously while running across the lake.

As mentioned above, I am having similar issues with the stomp switches. Every time I deploy the Raptors, I worry about whether or not they will come back up when I want them to. Thankfully so far it’s never taken me more than 3 or so minutes to get them stowed. Going to try and see if the remote is the better option even though I hate wearing something around my neck while fishing.

11. Member
    I had the raptor stomp switches and didn't like them as you had to hit them just right. My dad has poles with the same issue with his stomp switches. I switched to the Raptor foot switch and am much happier. Just a slight toe tap to deploy or retract.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDad824 View Post
    I had the raptor stomp switches and didn't like them as you had to hit them just right. My dad has poles with the same issue with his stomp switches. I switched to the Raptor foot switch and am much happier. Just a slight toe tap to deploy or retract.
    How power poles are when change to single tap in app simple easy

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brush hog Billy View Post
    Where do you find the sensitivity setting?

14. Member
    I've been a little concerned reading this over the last two weeks as I had Raptors on order. Aluminum boat, everything on, I can get about 40ft from the boat before I start seeing connection issues. Maybe once the batteries in the remotes start getting low that when it starts?

Hate my raptors on new boat. Miss my power poles. Same issues here with not deploying consistently.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Hate my raptors on new boat. Miss my power poles. Same issues here with not deploying consistently.