Praying Lowrance HDS 12 Side Imaging Problem

I have a 2020 Ranger 520L with a HDS 12 Live at the console and a HDS live at the bow. I am new to Lowrance. I have used Humminbird products most of my life. My units seem to work good but I have one problem that is annoying. When I start the big motor to move I lose my HDS 12 side scanning for 3-4 minutes after a motor start. The console unit does not power off due to a voltage drop but I am wondering if the powered ethernet switch is what is having an issue. After 3-4 minutes, I will get my side scan back. Is there some way I can stop this from happening? Usually when I fire the big motor up, I want to start exploring pretty quick but I have to wait until the unit feels like working.

2. Member
    You are gettng some low voltage somewhere in the system causing it to reboot so to speak. I assume you have AI 3-1 transducers or do you have 3D SS on that boat? Put a voltage overlay on both units and watch that when you start up and see if it drops below 11 Volts if it both unit then you have a system issues if it one unit then change the circuit it wired to. Lots of tracking down these kind of issues, sounds most likely an install issue.

3. Member
    Thank you for responding. Kind of figured voltage drop might be the culprit. Transducer wise???? When I lose my side imaging upon start up, my sonar works fine. The side scan screen shows "no source". It does have the long narrow hd transducer on the flat below the motor but not on the bottom hull. I get good high speed depth so I would assume there is one that is shooting through the hull also. The screen on the HDS 12 unit does not even flicker when you start the motor. I have not looked at the voltage graph though. Do you think it is in the unit itself or the ethernet switch?

Sea clear harness is your answer
    '00 Gambler Outlaw / \'02 200 EFI

5. Member
    What ethernet switch are you talking about I did ask if you had a 3D structure scan give us all the details on your setup trying physic your way through it just does not cut it. If you have an ethernet box then that is what is dropping voltage.

6. Member
    I believe it is a Navico NEP2 powered network expansion port. I called it an ethernet switch. I was incorrect.

Check to see where the box is getting its power from and change it to a different power source.

8. Member
    Thank you all for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it!