XRS/SCD electronics wiring

How are you guys running your wires to keep everything looking clean? I gotta wire my boat pretty soon and don't want to make a mistake :)

Anybody willing to show pictures how they did there setup would be awesome.

2. Member
    You referring to transducer line running from the transom? I drilled and notched the flange of the rigging hose. All wiring running to the bow is up starboard side from under the console and it runs behind the wall in the rod locker. I had everything coming out thru the hole in the troller gray but that’s a pain when there are 2-3 graphs up front so I have taken the tray out and waiting for a Ashmore Marine ultra clam shell cover and just gonna make a new separate hole in front of the tray under my graph mount so all graph wiring and such is out of the way of the troller tray. I thought I had a pic of the flange area but I guess I don’t, I will take one later and post it.

3. Member
    Im more worried about the wires at the bow and at the wheel. Like where did you guys make them come out.

4. Member
    A6C50324-6B13-46FA-AA20-BC86B1130E28.jpeg 89801275-5A5F-49E6-AE0F-21F27F5BFF48.jpeg

I have the Boatlogix dual console mount and the square cutout in the middle is where all wiring runs thru for the 2 units. Up at the bow there is a hole in the front vertical wall of the troller tray, not sure if you can tell in that second pic or not. It is between the plier holders and the cup holder and below the ramp piece of the top tray cover. With just 1 graph up front that path works great.

5. Member
    Did you cut the hole on the mount at the wheel ? I got the same mounts. Mine does not have that hole.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Did you cut the hole on the mount at the wheel ? I got the same mounts. Mine does not have that hole.
    The hole was there, it’s the way BL made it. My mount was bought in 2019 direct from them. It looks like some of their newer ones have some kinda rubber flap or something covering a pass thruhole, the cables gotta get thru somehow. Is yours just a solid flat piece? If it is I would be calling them and asking about that. If yours doesn’t have the cut out then I see why you are asking how us others have ran all cabling.

If BL wouldn’t do anything to help you the only other option would be to find a local machine shop who could cut you out a hole and machine the edges so they are not sharp. If yours is smooth and flat I would venture to bet BL is going to tell you to use a metal holesaw and cut whatever size you need it to be. If you have to do it that way I would mount it up solid to the dash then drill the hole thru the mount and dash at the same time so it all matches up perfect. Find a plastic push in hole grommet so the edge is smooth and go with it.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    Mine does not have the hole either.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Mine does not have the hole either.
    Boatlogix must have changed their design then. Guess it made it a little cheaper for production to not do the cutout but I bet the price didn’t drop on it either. I usually talk highly of them and refer them to anyone that asks about a dual mount but I won’t anymore if they are shortcutting design now and not passing the cost savings to customers. When they are making the base plate or having it made elsewhere it’s only a few more machine points in the cnc design program to cut out the pass thru slot. I’d like to hear their reason for not making the slot cutout now.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm sure if you call them they can explain why they made the change. They would probably still do it, won't know until you ask. I push Boat Logix because they build one heck of a product for our boats, And many other brands.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p