Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCas View Post
    I agree that Sunline Super natural is good stuff. Berkley big game is always fantastic and Sufix Advance mono is similar, just a bit bigger and stiffer than the other two. Maybe a tab less stretch also. Try as I might I can’t feel much of a difference between fluoro and mono.
    I didn't like the suffix Advance, I tried it last year and broke off several fish and had to retie after every fish I caught. Switched back to big game and that problem went away. I do like the Suffix Seige it's good stuff.

2. Member
    You did not say whether your jerkbaits are the floating type or suspending. If they are suspending I do not think it is wise to use the same rod. I have found that for fishing topwaters, mostly walkers, a stiff braid such as 30 lb Berkley Fireline with a 12-14" 17-20 lb mono leader works best. This gives you great casting distance and hook setting ability, and you do not have the constant problem of braid wrapping around the tip when you are twitching the rod. For suspending jerkbaits it is hard to beat a good fluorocarbon in 12 lb test. You can always go old school mono for everything but you are making some sacrifices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12