Would this drive you crazy?

I’m looking at a used VX20. Very nice boat in excellent condition with one exception. A coangler put a big hook hole in the back of the passenger seat. Being pretty anal about my boats I think it will bug the heat out of me, and it doesn’t look repairable short of replacing the skin or whole seat. What do you all think?
    2C1C34D6-D2D6-4A69-8D47-85B90E331DB0.jpeg

If I were the coangler I would pay for the repair but that's me.

3. Member
    I had a guy hook my Ranger seat years ago. He paid for repairs but over time it started looking bad again. Very difficult to get the color matched and the sun eventually affected the seat and repair differently. I think the only real fix is a new seat or at least new skin. And then it may or may not match the other seat since vinyl batches differ over time.

4. Member
    As much as I try try to keep my boat nice I’ve accepted the fact that stuff happens. I wouldn’t get too obsessed over it.
    Like the first scratch on a new car it’s going to happen sooner or later.

5. Member
    Just think that if your coangler hooked your seat I would be worried about my own safety. I think I would find a new coangler if you must fish with someone.

6. Member
    He was with the seller of the boat. Apparently reeled a crankbait up to the tip of the rod and laid it there...Sad.

7. Member
    I wouldn't like it, but it would not be a deal breaker for me if I liked the boat! I would figure out a way to plug it and forget it for now.

8. Member
    They come in different sizes and save the rest for the next hole. It will keep it from fraying. Just go ahead and put one in the driver seat to match and tell everyone it's a vent, at least they will match

What was your coangler using......a shark hook?!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    What I've been told by the seller...its his boat, I haven't bought it yet... The guy managed to hook it with a crankbait, didn't realize it and accidentally ripped it out. Is that what really happened? who knows...

11. Member
    New seat.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    I’m looking at a used VX20. Very nice boat in excellent condition with one exception. A coangler put a big hook hole in the back of the passenger seat. Being pretty anal about my boats I think it will bug the heat out of me, and it doesn’t look repairable short of replacing the skin or whole seat. What do you all think?
    A good upholster shop can replace the one piece of vinyl. That would require removing the cover and replacing the piece with the hole in it then reinstall the cover. The only problem might be the match in color or grain pattern may be off a little. Then you would have to start a new BBC thread and ask: "Would this drive you crazy?"
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

13. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    call your local new car dealership svc and ask them for the # of the jobber they use for vinyl/leather repair....looks like 75-hunnert bux to fix...

14. Member
    Your net goes there. You won’t see it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerranger View Post
    Yeah you will never see it, but if you are anal enough it will bug you simply because you know its there. I know the feeling. I most certainly wouldn't let that stop me from picking up the VX20. Those things are dope

16. Member
    Put some grey duck tape over it and go fishing.

17. Member
    it is a used boat probly not new price if you want one that doesnt have scratches or holes in upholstry buy new.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    They come in different sizes and save the rest for the next hole. It will keep it from fraying. Just go ahead and put one in the driver seat to match and tell everyone it's a vent, at least they will match

Shoot, this is genius.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax