Thread: Vault bearings

Vault bearings

I have a 2017 ez loader trailer for my v20. Has the vault bearings. I know nothing about these. Id like to carry spare pre filled hub assembly for my old boat. What would I need to get/do with these? I just want to be preapred in case.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosbass View Post
    I have a 2017 ez loader trailer for my v20. Has the vault bearings. I know nothing about these. Id like to carry spare pre filled hub assembly for my old boat. What would I need to get/do with these? I just want to be preapred in case.
    I would just carry a regular grease hub rather than a spare Vault setup. Less messy when you are working on the side of the road.

3. Member
    Call Skip at Waymires…..purchase a spare rotor hub, seal, inner & outer bearings, spindle hardware & a trailer buddy bearing cover. You can use conventional grease …… but this way you’ll have the same components as your other hubs……but with a trailer buddy bearing cover that has a zerk fitting.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I second that! Waymires got me all fixed up and even prelubed the bearings. Great customer service

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosbass View Post
    I also have the vault hubs and a recent failure..towed 60 miles to the lake and the same back home, noticed grease on my wheels and opened the lug cap to find the hybrid oil all over and the cap not pressurized. Called dexter and had a complete rebuild kit sent in a week. When I took it all apart there was only a little hybrid oil but the races still looked good. No telling when it started to leak though.

I now carry a bearing buddy, grease and a dead blow..as stated, will be much easier to just knock off the vault hub, pack the bearing buddy and wack it back on. The vault hub would need just a reducer coupling and grease gun to get you back on the road but that hybrid oil is a pain to store since it thins with heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi man View Post
    I also have the vault hubs and a recent failure..towed 60 miles to the lake and the same back home, noticed grease on my wheels and opened the lug cap to find the hybrid oil all over and the cap not pressurized. Called dexter and had a complete rebuild kit sent in a week. When I took it all apart there was only a little hybrid oil but the races still looked good. No telling when it started to leak though.

I now carry a bearing buddy, grease and a dead blow..as stated, will be much easier to just knock off the vault hub, pack the bearing buddy and wack it back on. The vault hub would need just a reducer coupling and grease gun to get you back on the road but that hybrid oil is a pain to store since it thins with heat.
    I've got the rebuild kit, and going to do both of my hubs tomorrow. Well I should say I have a buddy coming over to do it, as I know nothing of working on this stuff, and he works on our trailers and forklifts at work (Coca Cola ). Just wondering how long did it take you to do it, and was it too complicated?

Getting the cap on was the hardest part when I redid mine. The rest wasn't much different than traditional hubs aside from having to use the special Vault grease.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

8. Member
    You could get the entire torsion arm assembly pre assembled and lubed. Just take off tire, loosen one bolt to remove old assembly and pop the new one right on. You need this https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com...38_p_2059.html