Passenger console

2003 pro xl that I am looking at. How can I tell if the passenger console can be removed. It appears from the picture that it is fiberglassed to the side of the boat

It should be bolted/glued on. Look in the back of the port rod box and see if you can see some bolts. There's also going to be some on the side, over the passenger rod ramp.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

3. Member
    I took one out of an 03 200 pro XL, and on my current boat (05 201 Pro XL) the prior owner took it out and it's hanging on my wall. They are bolted and glued. It will leave some messy scratched up fiberglass and some holes. There is a diamond pattern non skit self adhesive mat available that is great for covering up the aftermath. I believe there were 3 bolts back and 3 or 4 bolts side. You can get at teh back bolts through the rod locker. For the side bolts, it's a pain, but you can get at the nuts through by removing the passenger rod-locker holder cover plate, and reaching up in there.

4. Moderator
    do you think the console would fit a 186xt? I would be willing to buy it if it did. If interested, please take pictures of front, back and both sides. trying to find a good picture online, not successful.
    Bill
    Last edited by tillthen; 04-11-2022 at 10:24 AM.

2007 Stratos 176xt 75 HP E-Tech
    Bill Cotte
    "TILL THEN FISHING"
    wcotte@gmail.com
    732-610-4743