Caymas Dedicated Electronic Wiring Question

I submitted an order last month for a custom built CX20 Pro my first ever brand new boat. To say that I am excited would be an understatement! I had the dealer order it with an Ultrex and Humminbirds but had them leave a note to not install the humminbirds because I am going to order Solix 12s instead of the Helix models. My question is will I be able to use the factory installed Caymas wiring for the new electronics or should I go with another dedicated wiring system like Seaclear? I will be running a dedicated 125AH ionic lithium strictly for electronics.
    Last edited by Magpul; 04-09-2022 at 09:40 AM.

2. Member
    It will come with all wiring including NEMA,Ethernet.Caymas uses 10ga wiring which is all clean power running only to sonars using a blue sea bus bar.10ga wiring is perfect. The only difference is Caymas uses the master switch for cranking battery for sonar power. You could run that wiring to a dedicated stand alone battery for sonars only or connect this extra battery in parallel with your cranking battery. Using an after market wiring harness is usually wired to a stand alone battery, which bypasses the main battery shut off switch. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    I prefer running my own independent system for my electronics.

Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpul View Post
    I submitted an order last month for a custom built CX20 Pro my first ever brand new boat. To say that I am excited would be an understatement! I had the dealer order it with an Ultrex and Humminbirds but had them leave a note to not install the humminbirds because I am going to order Solix 12s instead of the Helix models. My question is will I be able to use the factory installed Caymas wiring for the new electronics or should I go with another dedicated wiring system like Seaclear? I will be running a dedicated 125AH ionic lithium strictly for electronics.
    I basically did the same thing, i ran the sea clear to a 125ah ionic to power three HDS 12 and one Garmin 106 sv plus i used a cut off switch for those units only, absolutely works great.

5. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    I prefer running my own independent system for my electronics.

This is pretty much the exact same way I wired my electronics. Only thing I did differently was I wired my Active Target module directly to the Blue Seas Fuse Buss as well as the Console Graph and NMEA Power. Also ran 12awg to each bow graph and Mega 360