Thread: Matt Robertson

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I think there are notable differences between a great fisherman and a great tournament fisherman. One is not necessarily both.
    I also think it's shortsighted when someone says this guy could hang with the big boys if he had the finances or the time etc. The fact is those guys out there chasing it down are actually living it. They know what it feels like to try to stretch finances, try to make some money and feel the pressure of fishing for $100,000. It's just not a fair comparison to make until that guy has dealt with those pressures. Until then it's hard to say that guy can hang.
    That’s a great point I never really though of. Even that local hammer that wins a ton of tournaments fishing near home certainly would be greatly affected if he had to cash a check to get gas money to go home.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Bass View Post
    I will go out on a limb and say most average anglers, tournament that is, would not be able to handle 3 days of practice, 3-4 day events, and then on to the next . It sounds fun, until you do it. Road miles, early risings, not eating properly, days in the elements one after the other, yeh, I am good where I am at. one tourney a month and fun fish 1-2 days a week at best, is all I can handle as a single father with a job and a house and everything that goes with those two things..
    This has always honestly shocked me to some degree, I am shocked that a guy like Buddy Gross with his stature is able to grind out 7 consecutive 8+ hour days on the water grinding. This is even a testament to Clune. Lord knows after a tournament day, getting up at 3am and fishing hard all day I am pretty beat. Thats not to say that I havent weighed in and gone right back out fishing but im 33 and 170 lbs and work out every day. I dont envy putting in 4 full tournament days in a row, especially when guys like the johnstons are standing out in 3+footers fishing smallmouth all day. Thats tiring.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    This has always honestly shocked me to some degree, I am shocked that a guy like Buddy Gross with his stature is able to grind out 7 consecutive 8+ hour days on the water grinding. This is even a testament to Clune. Lord knows after a tournament day, getting up at 3am and fishing hard all day I am pretty beat. Thats not to say that I havent weighed in and gone right back out fishing but im 33 and 170 lbs and work out every day. I dont envy putting in 4 full tournament days in a row, especially when guys like the johnstons are standing out in 3+footers fishing smallmouth all day. Thats tiring.
    I say it all the time. Im 47, run and lift 4 days a week, 153 lbs and I am in great shape. I am toast after a long day of fishing even more so after a tourney. Now, I have watched Buddy and he ain't moving a whole a lot, a lot of them are pretty stationary. I looked at my fit bit last tourney , 14,568 thousand steps and 3000 cal burned. I was done. lol. And a lot of them are not working a job 5 days a week, or taking care of kids and doing house work, as a single dad, two boys, I can't, nothing left inthe tank come Saturday!
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

4. Member
    I say it all the time. Im 47, run and lift 4 days a week, 153 lbs and I am in great shape. I am toast after a long day of fishing even more so after a tourney. Now, I have watched Buddy and he ain't moving a whole a lot, a lot of them are pretty stationary. I looked at my fit bit last tourney , 14,568 thousand steps and 3000 cal burned. I was done. lol. And a lot of them are not working a job 5 days a week, or taking care of kids and doing house work, as a single dad, two boys, I can't, nothing left inthe tank come Saturday!
    I hear ya!! Im also 47. I remember the days of fishing a different tournament Saturday and Sunday. And getting upmfor work Monday full of piss and vinegar. Now...Saturday tourneys and my ass is still dragging come Monday

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Winkleworm View Post
    I heard he can put a whole ol monster worm down his throat.
    Known to eat night crawlers live -loves em’-If a bass can eat them shouldn’t a human be able to:)

6. Member
    What the heck are you doing in your boat doing laps.lol - i’m lucky if I break 1000 steps on a tournament day would love to know what you do please explain-something doesn’t add up-5 miles of steps in the boat c’mon:)

7. Member
    15000 steps in a tournament day? I’m lucky if I do 5k… and most of those are after when I get home putting crap away. My knees hurt at the end of the day but After 2 days I’m toast. I’m 30, 5’8”, overweight at 220lbs.

In high school I was a lean 150lbs, ran 2-5 miles a day. My knees are shot from track and football so I switched to weight lifting in college. Doctor said if Im walking without assistance or surgery when I’m 65 he will be surprised. I used to work out everyday even twice a day during one year in college. Back then I was 165lbs benching 260.

now I’m lucky if I do 2000 steps a day. I have a 2 hour daily commute for an office job where I sit 9 hours a day. My company is opening an office 15min away so I’m hoping with the extra time it’ll allow me time to walk or exercise at home.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Sounds like we need to have BBC trail, sponsored by New Balance and Tilly hats.
    9am Start
    11am- Noon Nap time
    12 pm Gramcrackers and milk
    1pm weigh in.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    If hes got someone paying his way they dont pay much as he lives in a trailer.
    As long as Matt has a roof over his head,stays cool in the summer,warm in the winter,has food to eat and a place to drink a few cool ones he could care less what he lives in.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    15000 steps in a tournament day? I’m lucky if I do 5k… and most of those are after when I get home putting crap away. My knees hurt at the end of the day but After 2 days I’m toast. I’m 30, 5’8”, overweight at 220lbs.

In high school I was a lean 150lbs, ran 2-5 miles a day. My knees are shot from track and football so I switched to weight lifting in college. Doctor said if Im walking without assistance or surgery when I’m 65 he will be surprised. I used to work out everyday even twice a day during one year in college. Back then I was 165lbs benching 260.

now I’m lucky if I do 2000 steps a day. I have a 2 hour daily commute for an office job where I sit 9 hours a day. My company is opening an office 15min away so I’m hoping with the extra time it’ll allow me time to walk or exercise at home.
    you are going to have toget some weight off, and then you will be able to move easier and really shed some pounds. start with restricting calories . find out how much you are eating a day right now, then reduce it by 300-500 cals a day. give it a few weeks and see what happens. once you see results, you will be more motivated to lose the rest.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    What the heck are you doing in your boat doing laps.lol - i’m lucky if I break 1000 steps on a tournament day would love to know what you do please explain-something doesn’t add up-5 miles of steps in the boat c’mon:)
    I run the tide on the river, there are a lot of stop and go and that means getting up and down. Some of those steps maybe false depending on the boat ride, but I get 15k + steps a day on purpose and it ends up being about 7+ miles. I just know that's what my fit bit read after that tournament. Some of those steps were pre and post tournament steps, gas station, wiping down the boat etc. So my point is, I move around a lot, look up something called NEAT. Non Exercise Activity Thermogenisis. This where most people fail at dropping weight and or keeping weight off.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    9am Start
    11am- Noon Nap time
    12 pm Gramcrackers and milk
    1pm weigh in.
    HAPPY HOUR @2pm

Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    HAPPY HOUR @2pm
    Oh yes.......

Old Fashions, Whisky Sours, and easy chairs with vibrating massages in the parking lot!!!

Each contestant gets a Coupon for 1/2 of a dinner at Sizzler before 4pm.

14. Member
    Oh yes.......

Old Fashions, Whisky Sours, and easy chairs with vibrating massages in the parking lot!!!

Each contestant gets a Coupon for 1/2 of a dinner at Sizzler before 4pm.
    Jane and I are in , Thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by red tzx 190 View Post
    Jane and I are in , Thanks Jeff
    We will hook you up in VIP area.......

Fitbit is messed up on a boat I checked it before boat waves and even moving with the tm it counts steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post

17. Member
    I run the tide on the river, there are a lot of stop and go and that means getting up and down. Some of those steps maybe false depending on the boat ride, but I get 15k + steps a day on purpose and it ends up being about 7+ miles. I just know that's what my fit bit read after that tournament. Some of those steps were pre and post tournament steps, gas station, wiping down the boat etc. So my point is, I move around a lot, look up something called NEAT. Non Exercise Activity Thermogenisis. This where most people fail at dropping weight and or keeping weight off.
    My wife had a fit bit and put 500 steps on hers on a1 hour ride in the car they are not accurate at all

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton bass View Post
    My wife had a fit bit and put 500 steps on hers on a1 hour ride in the car they are not accurate at all
    Yes, That's what I was saying, many steps are false. but my point was, getting up and down and going to the live well all day does wear me down. I would say I probably get 4-5 k steps in a tournament.
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

Yes, That's what I was saying, many steps are false. but my point was, getting up and down and going to the live well all day does wear me down. I would say I probably get 4-5 k steps in a tournament.
    Holy cow, how many trips do you make to the livewell each day? You must be spanking the bass!

9am Start
    11am- Noon Nap time
    12 pm Fiber bar and milk
    1pm weigh in.
    FIFY

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast