How is Guntersville fishing

Wife and I will be there for 3 days this month. The 20th-23rd.
    How is the lake fishing? Any tips or ideas you all could help with would be great. We are staying at an Air B&B just off 431

Was thinking a red trap possibly but no clue. Would love to get on some fish.
    Last edited by Luke; 04-07-2022 at 12:35 PM.

2. Member
    Luke I'll be there then also. Trap bite may be on by then. I have not gotten a hit on one the past 3 times i've been up there. Chatterbait shallow has been working well for a friend of mine that has gone up past 2 weekends. Fish the edge of grass on the main lake, don't be afraid to throw a shakey head/ carolina rig. Jerkbait work well for me in March.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Thanks David
    If ya see a Red, white bolt Bass Cat with old EFI merc and red Power Poles that's probably me stop by and BS a little

4. Member
    Maybe. Red trap is hottest normally from January - end of March. It will occasionally lag into late April but pretty rare. Water temps were 66 today.

All that being said I caught like 30 fish on a red trap today, and one was 6.5lb so they are still biting, but most of them were tiny. All the fish were post spawn for the most part.

5. Member
    Was starting to get good Thursday and Friday

Well went out today and I stunk the lake up.
    Wife caught a few biggest just a nice keeper size aboit 2lbs
    So much different from fishing at home I am way out of my element.
    We fished browns creek causeway and Spring creek causeway.

7. Member
    Went yesterday - caught about 20 - all small bass - fishing outside grass lines - chrome and blue rat trap. Wind got up and fish stopped, Tried back of creeks and cuts -saw fish but could not get them to bite.

8. Member
    Made it half day today, I caught fish in scattered grass (flats) on a Senko with no weight and a shallow rogue jerk bait. The guy I was with had several on a spinner bait, but the better fish came on the Senko. By the color of the fish they have been up a while. The water is still dirty, but not really muddy. We covered spots from Seibold to Goose Pond. Water temp was 66 when we launched and 69 after the sun beat on it most of the day.

We are headed to Goose Pond in the morning. Hope this report helps. Sounds like you are on a different pattern than us Luke. Congratulations on putting the Mrs on a couple decent fish!

We never found water temp like that today. It got up to 63 when we got off the water about 3. That was the beat we saw.
    We found some pretty decent grass flats but didn't catch anything in them and mo ed to the causeway.
    Not an easy lake to figure out in a day that's for sure.
    We got one day left then heading home Saturday morning early.

10. Member
    Is the water coming up yet?

11. Member
    Seems like normal water levels to me? Good luck today Luke. If you end up near Goode Pond we are in an old faded red and silver 21’ Blazer today.

12. Member
    Luke I hope you’re throwing a jerk bait and senko on grass flats in 4-5’ of water. It’s been a fantastic morning!

We we are home now. We went out for about 4 hours Friday afternoon.
    Started out on grass flat fishing a senko but never had a bite.
    Wife wanted to head to spring creek bridge so we went there and I caught 2 nice fish on a wacky rig senko on the bridge pilings. caught one more on a wobble head menace on the ausway rip rap.
    That was pretty much our trip. Ill be back I can tell ya that.

14. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Saturday was my first time back on Guntersville since 2010. All of my old spots that no one fished but us are now community holes...lol. We did ok even though it was busy as all get out with a BFL going on. We caught 10 with the biggest being 4lbs. If we go back it will be during the week.