215 combo loading issue

My dad has a 2004 procraft 215 combo fish and ski and has a hard time power loading this boat. He wants me to ask the group if any of you have had any power loading issues with this model

Thanks

2. Member
    Wish i could help. Not being smart ass but maybe back the trailer a little deeper. Good luck

3. Member
    I agree with John above, not the smartass part, but on my 185dc procraft I had a single axle trailer and would back the trailer in till about 2 inches of the fender still showed above water. i could load it, power up to the roller and then I always had to center it afterwards.

4. Member
    That's my dad's issue. He can power up to the roller then has to get out and use boots to get into the water and center the boat. I have a triton bass boat and mines just loads easy. I've never seen such power loading issues. He wanted me to post on here and ask advice

5. Member
    It became my normal, load to the roller, hook it up, then always had to power shift to starboard to center, then shut down and raise motor. I never could do any different.

6. Member
    On my 1780V, I back trailer all the way in the water to get the carpet wet , them pull up till the water is at the bottom of the step in front of tire. I able to load and step down without getting feet wet.
    1987 Procraft 1780V, 150 Mercury XR2 Blackmax and now a 2021 Ranger Z185, 150 Pro XS.

DAV / U.S. Army 88-91.

7. Member
    I have the exact same boat and have no issues loading when trailer back in at the right depth (fender barley showing). Power loading is hard on the trailer and boat.