Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

….or just stop nuking everything

2. Banned
    That's like shooting a dog. Those manatees will swim up to your boat. That's pretty damn cruel. The dude that suggested this prob is just trying to cover up for the crooked spray dealings going on under the table. Doesn't want to mess up his flow of cash. He prob realizes all the manatee deaths will bring attention to all the spraying and chemical's going into the water. I promise if thy stopped spraying for a year then they would have plenty of plant life to consume

3. Member
    Florida waters are disgusting. Texas wildlife and fisheries need to save us.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    Florida waters are disgusting. Texas wildlife and fisheries need to save us.
    If only they could. These idiots we have are gonna kill it all. Might be to late for some lakes

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    If only they could. These idiots we have are gonna kill it all. Might be to late for some lakes
    So true.....

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    That's like shooting a dog. Those manatees will swim up to your boat. That's pretty damn cruel. The dude that suggested this prob is just trying to cover up for the crooked spray dealings going on under the table. Doesn't want to mess up his flow of cash. He prob realizes all the manatee deaths will bring attention to all the spraying and chemical's going into the water. I promise if thy stopped spraying for a year then they would have plenty of plant life to consume
    This is happening close to where I live. MM's reasoning is wrong about this one because they don't spray the Indian River Lagoon system, but due in part from all the nutrients flowing into the Lagoon from septic tanks, and fertilizers used to keep the stinking Floratam green in their manicured yards. Putting all that lettuce out for them did nothing but prolong the problem. .
    And the guy that suggested it is a pretty good guy and Manatee Mauler should do some research before shooting your mouth off, because his catch all rant about spraying doesn't pan out here. They don't spray the Lagoon here because there is nothing to spray in the salt/brackish water that comprises the lagoon, all the run off from rainwater has taken care of it for them.
    I am beginning to see why people don't take you seriosly, your rants are becoming useless. And I seem to remember you asking what to do to keep your yard green in a previous post. Which is part of the problem we have here.
    And no. I do not know Curt Smith personally, so that lets put that argument to bed

7. Member
    Actually the freshwater spraying is THE biggest cause of the brackish/salt grass bed disappearance. It causes the excessive algae blooms because it kills all filter grass as increases nutrient load because of all the dead plant matter. So with no filter the excessively nutrient overloaded and algae blooming water feeds over into the estuaries causing an even bigger problem because sea grasses don’t grow nearly as fast as the freshwater varieties. If you hold the freshwater, hyper salinity kills the grass as well.
    The only real solution is to allow the freshwater lakes and rivers to grow ALL grasses uninhibited and only clear out water control areas or navigation areas with mechanical harvesters or limited spot spraying. Let inland waterways go back to being a jungle and the problem will be 95% solved.

8. Member
    Whether it's spraying, runoff or escaped sewerage ... Florida is FUBAR and beyond.
    They're not going to slow development, just the opposite. Our environment is done.
    We will soon be adding pee to our desalinated water and tainted well production.
    Yet there's nothing but newly approved subdivisions in the paper, week after week.

Currently, we're trying to decide between a whole house RO system or evacuating.
    Odds are growing on a planned escape. Can't go anywhere without it taking hours.
    We actually keep water and snack bars in the SUV, for the complete gridlock days.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Actually the freshwater spraying is THE biggest cause of the brackish/salt grass bed disappearance. It causes the excessive algae blooms because it kills all filter grass as increases nutrient load because of all the dead plant matter. So with no filter the excessively nutrient overloaded and algae blooming water feeds over into the estuaries causing an even bigger problem because sea grasses don’t grow nearly as fast as the freshwater varieties. If you hold the freshwater, hyper salinity kills the grass as well.
    The only real solution is to allow the freshwater lakes and rivers to grow ALL grasses uninhibited and only clear out water control areas or navigation areas with mechanical harvesters or limited spot spraying. Let inland waterways go back to being a jungle and the problem will be 95% solved.
    The only way freshwater gets into our lagoon locally is from a few small creeks and rain run off so the spraying really doesn't affect the brackish water here, but your point holds true for other areas further north and south, which could affect our water here, but the effect would be very small.
    And you are correct TJ

10. Member
    Well… maybe we can just agree that it sucks. Some good ole dem policies should clear that place out, won’t be long with all the dipshit yanks I here talkin down there

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Well… maybe we can just agree that it sucks. Some good ole dem policies should clear that place out, won’t be long with all the dipshit yanks I here talkin down there
    ....may I respectfully ask where "down there" is? and while we are at it - what "dem policies" are you referring to?

12. Member
    You can…down there - south of I4…dem policies - democratic policies. But I’m sure you knew that

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    You can…down there - south of I4…dem policies - democratic policies. But I’m sure you knew that
    At least now I'm 1,000% sure you don't know diddle about Florida.

14. Member
    So a dude with a KY location in his sig, is telling those that actually live in Florida how "things need to be done".

Yeah Right.

and those Dem Policies are destroying the Entire Country- except our Gov stopped them from destroying US.

No Thanks, you can keep them in KY or whereever your at.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    At least now I'm 1,000% sure you don't know diddle about Florida.
    You’re right, didn’t live there half my life. Didn’t live in the panhandle, just north of Miami, or in Jax…definitely didn’t go to college there. But I wasn’t necessarily knocking Florida…will be moving back soon. Was saying, in a sarcastic manner, that when the people from northern states completely fill the state up…I doubt it will be inviting anymore.

16. Member
    Regardless of political affiliations the state government of Florida has it is obvious to me that development takes precedence over environment....its been like that for over 20 years and I see no signs of it changing.

17. Member
    That’s true…but you still need an inviting place to move to. There are plenty warm places with a beach.

18. Banned
    Hey Jim/deadeye ... Actually hawk driver was my tx partner untill his x wife morphed into the devil and took his kids to Ky. He is spot on about transplant dems and anything south of I-4. Wont be long before you can include st johns county. Its filling up with yanks.

19. Banned
    Aceover
    ... Hey dil...i wasnt talking about the Indian River. Like the others in this thread i was referring to the st johns and surrounding waters. I was also stating that shooting them is cruel. They come up to you not expecting to get shot. Maybe if all those northerners moved back then we wouldnt have all this pollution dumping into the indian river. So....go fly a kite.

Yea, my yard is st aug and looks like a golf course.

20. Banned
    Ace... Ya dont know him but says hes a good dude? Not saying he is or isnt but ya dont know him and he is a politician. By the way... I dont take myself seriously! So... Why dont u keep running ur "mouth".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast