Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Lots of square miles between I-4 and South Florida - with a large percentage of conservative, white Christian populace- no politics, just fact. By the way - the seat of Floridas government in way up in Northwest Florida again basically with the same people. The environmental policies are made there (if you can call them that)...I have said before and will say again - if you moved here from somewhere else (no matter how long ago) I just dont believe you have a right to whine about others moving here - no matter where they are from...just so awfully damn hypocritical....

2. Member
    Oh I have the right to say whatever. But yes I’m aware, again, lived all over the state for a long time. Go look at the local elections in areas like Miami, Orlando Jacksonville, etc…that is only gonna spread

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    Oh I have the right to say whatever. But yes I’m aware, again, lived all over the state for a long time. Go look at the local elections in areas like Miami, Orlando Jacksonville, etc…that is only gonna spread
    I dont follow....topic was Manatees and the starvation due to lack of sea grass. I'm trying to make the connection from local elections in Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, etc and the total lack of environmental concern from the state government in Tallahassee. Lets face it love him or hate him our governor has shown many times where his concerns are - and its not the natural habitat of Florida.....

4. Member
    I don’t care dude…posted an article that said some dudes wanna kill manetees cause of no grass or some shit…while they spray all the grass. The convo turned to overcrowding and green yards, made a snide comment about all the dipshit yanks moving down as I sat on 17 south of Jax surrounded by Ohio and New Jersey drivers. Didn’t know the butthurt brigade lived in the Fl forum too….my bad.

5. Banned
    For the reading comprehensive challenged, the article was referring to the local area around Titusville, not the spraying of the freshwater lakes that DON'T flow into the area mentioned. The lack of sea grass has been going g on here for years and it' s partly caused by the residential runoff that contains all the fertilizer that these people put down to have a "backyard that looks like a golf course". Of course, they cause the problem with all the crap they put down to maintain the "Golf course " yard. But then they scream about spraying and such. It is laughable really.
    And as far as the politician goes, do you know anything about what he has done for this county? Of course not, you don't live here, but yet you maintain all pols are bad. You really are a sad little dude who jumps up and down screaming about things you know nothing about. Pretty sad dude, pretty sad. But I expect nothing less from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    Regardless of political affiliations the state government of Florida has it is obvious to me that development takes precedence over environment....its been like that for over 20 years and I see no signs of it changing.
    Hell try almost 100 years, back to the Okeechobee floods in the '20's

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Hell try almost 100 years, back to the Okeechobee floods in the '20's
    I'll disagree ... Lawton Chiles was VERY good at protecting, improving and fighting for our common good.
    Unfortunately, since his time, the .Gov focus has been 98.5% toward developing a larger tax base here.

Personally, I don't care which party you choose AFTER you choose to be "Florida First" environmentally.
    Growth is fine, but it must be focused on limiting impact. Transportation should be world class, futuristic.
    Water, air and land be kept pristine, period. It's not OK to cut down every tree, backfill every swamp.
    Alligators, snakes, bears, panthers, etc. predate our settlement, they're important ecologically as well.

If it weren't for the peninsula effect, we'd be saddled with incredible smog, coughing up our dead lungs.
    And I'm really not happy to be drinking "treated" wastewater to help keep growth at an unbridled pace.

As for the "South of I-4" statements ... why don't you come down to visit. I'll take you on a nice tour.
    I'll give you time to call them "liberals" at the cattle ranches, groves, farms and hunting/fishing lodges.

8. Member
    It’s I know more than you Tampa Jim. Farmers vote for whoever cost them the least, period…I know this because I grew up / currently involved on our farm. Our votes pale in comparison to just one population center. But sure, I’ll go visit the hand full of farms left in the interior of Fl with you, we’ll see who fits in better.

9. Member
    It’s I know more than you Tampa Jim. Farmers vote for whoever cost them the least, period…I know this because I grew up / currently involved on our farm. Our votes pale in comparison to just one population center. But sure, I’ll go visit the hand full of farms left in the interior of Fl with you, we’ll see who fits in better.
    I'm through and through a Floridian - multi-generational, raised very dirt poor.
    And still here living it, driving in it, seeing it, paying for it, highly disappointed.

I've managed to find a photo to help you understand. And I've badly drawn I-4.
    BLUE votes more liberal and the RED doesn't. Pretty easy to work thru for you.

10. Member
    Since, clearly, you really don’t know everything…where are the big blue blobs located? But whatever…you’re right IKE…they won’t move from blue states up north, and they won’t vote how they have for generations.

11. Member
    Since, clearly, you really don’t know everything…where are the big blue blobs located? But whatever…you’re right IKE…they won’t move from blue states up north, and they won’t vote how they have for generations.
    Blue votes are where the big cities are filled with transplants from Yankee states, like Kentucky.
    AND/OR
    They're more educated areas. Cities filled with white collar workers, universities, hospitals, etc.

Either way, you're VERY wrong about "Everyone South of I-4" but seemingly too dense to admit it.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Part A: Of course, they cause the problem with all the crap they put down to maintain the "Golf course " yard. But then they scream about spraying and such. It is laughable really.
    Part B: And as far as the politician goes,
    Part A:

oi605e4b2d.gif

Part B: 'no dice, that is a trap...'

Any legitimate BrainDonor knows that fertilizer isn't needed in Fl. but I'm thinking it is done for the $$$ ...

more trees get removed = more sinkholes

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I'll disagree ... Lawton Chiles was VERY good at protecting, improving and fighting for our common good.
    Unfortunately, since his time, the .Gov focus has been 98.5% toward developing a larger tax base here.

Personally, I don't care which party you choose AFTER you choose to be "Florida First" environmentally.
    Growth is fine, but it must be focused on limiting impact. Transportation should be world class, futuristic.
    Water, air and land be kept pristine, period. It's not OK to cut down every tree, backfill every swamp.
    Alligators, snakes, bears, panthers, etc. predate our settlement, they're important ecologically as well.

If it weren't for the peninsula effect, we'd be saddled with incredible smog, coughing up our dead lungs.
    And I'm really not happy to be drinking "treated" wastewater to help keep growth at an unbridled pace.

As for the "South of I-4" statements ... why don't you come down to visit. I'll take you on a nice tour.
    I'll give you time to call them "liberals" at the cattle ranches, groves, farms and hunting/fishing lodges.

"Walkin Lawton" was a great environmental positive governor (served from 90-98) - I remember he died of a heart attack near the end of his term. Jeb Bush was next and well....lets just say it went downhill from there.

14. Member
    Blue votes are where the big cities are filled with transplants from Yankee states, like Kentucky.
    AND/OR
    They're more educated areas. Cities filled with white collar workers, universities, hospitals, etc.

Either way, you're VERY wrong about "Everyone South of I-4" but seemingly too dense to admit it.
    I’d hardly consider Ky a “yankee state”…mid west maybe. There’s more farmers, rednecks, and hillbillies here than 20 Florida’s but sure, it’s a yankee state. Either way, the fishing is spotty at best and Fl is home so. Not sure I said everyone, maybe I did…I think I implied using hyperbolic words that there is a giant concentration south of I4….cause there is. But again, I won’t be there so I don’t care….keep the Ky insults coming though, I f’ing hate this place.

15. Banned
    AND/OR

Hey Jim, my tx partner who only moved to Ky because his x wife took his kids to Ky. He and I won a pile of money on the St Johns. I dont think you can call Hawk Driver a dense person. He just happens to be a retired Top Gun pilot from the Navy, who also was a Lt Commander and retired as a Commander Officer flying seahawks (helos). By the way... Lawton Chiles was supporting the org that wanted to drain Rodman Reservoir. So piss on that dude. We are fishing the save Rodman tx next week. He's right... Yanks move here and vote blue. Example, he was a trainer for new pilots/weapons instructor and when the last Dem held office they cut military spending. He went from having a budget to teach new pilots how to land on an aircraft carrier at night to nothing, sending pilots overseas with little to no experience at night. Not only was he a top gun pilot but the lead instructor for helo pilots at NAS in Jax.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 04-09-2022 at 04:41 PM.

16. Member
    A few corrections, before the hall monitors show up…I wasn’t a “top gun” instructor, I was a weapons school instructor…and I retired a commander post command…that was many moons ago.

But I’m still confused what the fuss is about? No one wants a crowded place, no one likes spraying, and I think no wants wants to start thumping manatees.

I do see a lot of people from the northeast, south of I4. I also see them around the Harris chain and all over St Johns Co….I think the panhandle is safe for now.

I’m sure there are some good folks from there that left because it sucks….I also watched this happen to Texas so…

17. Member
    In closing ... I've lived in four of the "blue zones". Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Miami and Tampa.

And the problem is really, really simple. Government officials, period. They like the ka-ching!!
    Florida has been balls to the walls pro-development for 2.5 decades now. And it's not stopping.
    They don't give a rip if they kill every manatee, spotted owl, burrowing tortoise or bald eagle.

It's 100% about enlarging the tax base (a.k.a. daddy's wallet) at any expense, no holds barred.
    If you focus on yankees, rednecks, blacks, migrants, etc. you're falling for the oldest trick ever.
    Government controls development. Any other story is a big tall story. Vote to stop the insanity.

18. Banned
    10/4 jim agree. Problem with Hawk Driver is that he is a " Texas Longhorn"! ��

19. Member
    Go put your jorts, Tearbow jersey, Oakley blades on…and dream of the days when your daddy UM returns.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    10/4 jim agree. Problem with Hawk Driver is that he is a " Texas Longhorn"! ��
    Grandpa always said - You could always tell a person from Texas....problem is you couldn't tell em much... JK but totally agree with the infighting - make your vote count for someone who wants to do more than get elected to their next office.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast