Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Reloading 2.5” isnt a big deal, go that route if you can get primers. It’s been a while since I had a 16 gauge, this is going back 12 or 15 years now, but the black ribbed Remington 16 gauge shells were everyone’s go-to for reloading, they were marked as two and three-quarter inch but they were actually a little short. When I measured actual lengths of 2 1/2 inch factory loads from RST and these Remington hulls, they were darn near identical. You may find that simply adjusting the crimp height on a mec loader Allows you to reload these hulls and use them interchangeably with 2 1/2 inch. Just keep pressure a little on the low side, no need to be excessive about it, but the only danger if you have the 16th or an eighth of an inch longer hull is a slight jump in the chamber pressure, but that is a modern firearm with good quality steel, not some 1800s no-name hardware-store thing that’s been rusted for half a century. You should’ve called me a year ago, I sold several garbage can sized trash bags full of short 16 gauge reloading components since I no longer owned the gun!
    Great information sir! Thank you. I do wish I had asked the question a year ago! I definitely would've been all over those components.
    I believe I will go the reloading route once I can get a reliable source of primers and powder. I'm down to only 100 primers now.
    I've been saving all of my 2 3/4" hulls... I've heard of some hull shavers to get the correct length... of course I cant find that link now.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    Great information sir! Thank you. I do wish I had asked the question a year ago! I definitely would've been all over those components.
    I believe I will go the reloading route once I can get a reliable source of primers and powder. I'm down to only 100 primers now.
    I've been saving all of my 2 3/4" hulls... I've heard of some hull shavers to get the correct length... of course I cant find that link now.
    They are out of stock but you can buy them here:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Tr...uctinfo/TRIM2/

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    They are out of stock but you can buy them here:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Tr...uctinfo/TRIM2/

Perfect! Thank you sir!
    USAF Retired

4. Member
    Yep, ballistic products has a lot of that stuff. Also there is a 16ga reloading group that has a metric $&@;-ton of tested recipes manymof which are focused specifically for older guns. If you post on the doublegunshop forum someone can put you in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Yep, ballistic products has a lot of that stuff. Also there is a 16ga reloading group that has a metric $&@;-ton of tested recipes manymof which are focused specifically for older guns. If you post on the doublegunshop forum someone can put you in touch.
    BBC comes through again! Thank you sir
    USAF Retired

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12