HDS 12 Live - Horizontal Lines on Side Scan

I have a HDS12 Live and a HDS 9 Live that have intermittent horizontal lines at the surface on side scan images. A background. I purchased the new HDS12 Live and mounted it on the console. I moved my old HDS 9 Live from the console to the bow. I updated both with the 22.1 update. I rewired both units directly to the battery by running 6AWG from the battery via a resettable breaker I use for a switch to a Blue Seas fuse block at the console. I connected the HDS 12 Live directly to the fuse block at the console. I ran 10 AWG to the bow HDS 9. The HDS 12 at the console is using a 3-in-1 transducer mounted on the transom and the HDS 9 at the bow is using a 3-in-1 transducer nosecone on the Lowrance Ghost trolling motor.

The HDS 9 did not have these lines last season, and the HDS 12 is new so it was the first time on the water. The lines appear whether the big motor or the trolling motors are running or not. It doesn't matter. I don't know if the 22.1 update caused it, as I was only able to get the boat in the water yesterday and test everything.

If anyone has any clue of why these are appearing, please help. Please see attachment for a picture of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Ranger RT 188 w/ Mercury Pro XS 115, Lowrance Ghost, Lowrance HDS 12 Live, HDS 9 Live & Elite FS 9

2. Member
    Those lines are caused by a break in the signal to/ from the transducer. That would come from a faulty unit, a faulty transducer or a nicked/ pinched transducer-cable. Swap units around so you can figure out if the probem is the unit or the transducer, then call Lowrance.

3. Member
    Team Colibri - I'll try swapping the units when I can get back on the water. It's hard to believe that both units have the same issue at the same time, if it's a hardware related issue. This is why I was thinking it was the latest update because that was the only thing that was common between the two.
    2021 Ranger RT 188 w/ Mercury Pro XS 115, Lowrance Ghost, Lowrance HDS 12 Live, HDS 9 Live & Elite FS 9

4. Member
    Try rolling back software also when your out on the water. You could try hard reset too if you haven't already.

5. Member
    This is a follow-up to this post. I was finally able solve the issue with the horizontal lines. Thanks @jbmitch for the suggestion. I rolled back the firmware to v.20.1 and did a hard reset on both units. I longer have the horizontal lines on sidescan. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

6. Member
    I am having the same issue. Where can I get the firmware v.20.1? Thanks

7. Member
    Since there is a newer version of 22.1 available, I would install that and evaluate performance before going back to 20. You are definitely missing out on things without 22.1.18. Everyone loves to blame the updates when an issue comes up however in all the years I’ve ran Lowrance it’s never happened on my units. But I always update one unit at a time from an SD card and do a hard reset after the install.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    The unit has the most current update and I believe I did a hard reset after the install but I will do another and see if it makes a difference. Team Colibri suggested it might be a break in signal, problem with the transducer or maybe a pinched cable but I question that since I have seen a number of people having the same issue. I suppose it could be a bad transducer but not a pinched cable. Will also give lowrance a call on Monday to see what they say.

9. Member
    I'm not sure at this point where to get the firmware. I download the updates and keep them stored on my home network.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Those lines are caused by a break in the signal to/ from the transducer. That would come from a faulty unit, a faulty transducer or a nicked/ pinched transducer-cable. Swap units around so you can figure out if the problem is the unit or the transducer, then call Lowrance.
    Adding to this post.
    SW 22.1 causes this.

11. Member
    So what is the solution?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by d_smith View Post
    So what is the solution?
    Roll back to older software, or wait for a fix.

13. Member
    So I ask again, where can I get the older version?

14. Member

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Team Colibri - Thank you for verifying the issue is with the 22.1 update.