Question Pro Team 195 TXW

Anybody running the 195 txw with a 115 pro xs? How does it run with that motor? I'm sure it fishes well. Thinking of going with a 115 for better gas mileage. I like the txw for the larger gas tank in case I need to make a longer run.

2. Member
    Mine runs 48 with two people loaded breaks 50 once in a while running a20p nrs3 prop. Not sure how much fuel I'm actually saving since running around at 40mph is almost wide open. I do know of another boat in my area with a 150 4stroke and his top speed is 52. So if that's all you'd gain I'd go with the 115 everyday. I will say I don't fill up the tank nearly as much

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharr View Post
    Mine runs 48 with two people loaded breaks 50 once in a while running a20p nrs3 prop. Not sure how much fuel I'm actually saving since running around at 40mph is almost wide open. I do know of another boat in my area with a 150 4stroke and his top speed is 52. So if that's all you'd gain I'd go with the 115 everyday. I will say I don't fill up the tank nearly as much
    52 is slow for a 150. Mine was around 60 pretty much loaded up, 64 when empty.

To the OP, I'd say go for the 150 if you can swing it. Will burn less gas taking it easy with the 150 vs running the 115 hard.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. #FRB
    This is one of those situations where you go with the 150 without second guessing yourself. Last thing you want is buyer's remorse even though I think there's around a 3 grand difference between the two options.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    Absolutley don't do it. Get the 150hp for sure it will get better fuel milage cruising at the same speed as a 115 will go wide open.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharr View Post
    If he is only getting 52 out of a 150 it is either a very poor setup, he doesn't know how to operate it or something is wrong with it. That is a 60 MPH boat all day long.

7. Member
    I would say something is wrong but multiple people have messed with it...jackplate,props, wedges..and there's another boat in our club with a 150 and he has the same results..there's also a few different 198p rangers with 150s that stay right around 50-55 loaded...as far as a 115 I got mine with the 115pro xs brand new for right at $20,000 so there was a big jump to the 150 price point...if it was closer I would do the 150 everytime.

8. Member
    A Ranger 198 is a considerably larger boat than a Tracker 195 so it will run slower with a 150. The Tracker 195 is more comparable in size to a Ranger RT188.

9. Member
    i've been wondering about the 195 with a 115. i have a 2013 175tf now with a 75 on it, and changed over to a 24 volt system. i'm wondering if my boat is not setting higher on the bow with all that weight on the back end. i had an older 175 with a 40 hp prior to my current boat, and although i had 3 or 4 years between having these boats, it seems like i get blown around a lot more in this newer boat.

what i was thinking for my next boat was maybe going with a 115hp on the 195. i think the weight difference between it and a 150 is around 100 lbs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jason penn View Post
    i've been wondering about the 195 with a 115. i have a 2013 175tf now with a 75 on it, and changed over to a 24 volt system. i'm wondering if my boat is not setting higher on the bow with all that weight on the back end. i had an older 175 with a 40 hp prior to my current boat, and although i had 3 or 4 years between having these boats, it seems like i get blown around a lot more in this newer boat.

what i was thinking for my next boat was maybe going with a 115hp on the 195. i think the weight difference between it and a 150 is around 100 lbs
    Get a Tracker 190 if you only want a 115, the 195 needs a 150hp.

11. Member
    I do not think you see much difference in economy when cruising with the two motors. I know the 195 with a 150 can get 8 MPG when cruising just over 3000 RPMs. The extra torque helps to some degree. However, if you were to run the two wide open yes the smaller motor will be using less fuel.

FWIW the 115 should be plenty of motor to get on plane and navigate safely. Will it move the hull as easily as a 150? No, but properly propped it should get on plane easily and I would think it could easily run mid 40s.

I never fully understood why so many folks are so obsessed over what top speed a boat is capable of reaching. I have run mine wide open occasionally but that is a rare event. I just do not want to burn the fuel and put heavy stress in the motor very often.

12. Member
    You aren't stressing an outboard by running it wide open, they are designed to run wide open at max RPM.

13. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I do not think you see much difference in economy when cruising with the two motors. I know the 195 with a 150 can get 8 MPG when cruising just over 3000 RPMs. The extra torque helps to some degree. However, if you were to run the two wide open yes the smaller motor will be using less fuel.

FWIW the 115 should be plenty of motor to get on plane and navigate safely. Will it move the hull as easily as a 150? No, but properly propped it should get on plane easily and I would think it could easily run mid 40s.

I never fully understood why so many folks are so obsessed over what top speed a boat is capable of reaching. I have run mine wide open occasionally but that is a rare event. I just do not want to burn the fuel and put heavy stress in the motor very often.
    Well a larger motor will let you have a higher midrange cruise speed. 4000rpm at about 28mph seems to be the happy spot for my 175txw with the 75hp. SIPS fuel there too. Top speed is around 40 with a heavy Ultrex and a lot of tackle I don't ever use up front, lol. Still normally cruise around 28-30 unless I'm feeling extra frisky, outrunning a storm, or really have to poop.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

14. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    You aren't stressing an outboard by running it wide open, they are designed to run wide open at max RPM.
    I know a lot of people who will tell you different and have evidence to back up their claims. Those older v6 2-strokes seemed to be the worst. The owner of the motor can run it how they want and deal with any consequences as they arise. There are also people I see on the lake that I would never buy their used boat not even at a deep discount because of how I usually see them running it.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex