What TM Transducer do I need

Always been a Lowrance guy but I'm usually behind on tech by a number of years.
    Currently running a HDS Live 12" at the console and a 3in1 Transducer off the jackplate, works fine ( don't get depth at speed so might install a newer thru-hull someday )
    Soon I will install a HDS Live 9" at the TM and I'm wondering what TM transducer and mount is best to use, mostly for 2D but I believe downscan is also built in with some ? Are guys hanging a long 3in1 ducer off the TM as well, because I have one available.
    I didn't care about Active Target but now that I'm running new stuff I'd be a fool not to buy it so that's coming. Mostly need to know what to buy to get 2d and downscan at the Bow asap.

Thanks.

2. Member
    I used the Lowrance HDI skimmer on the TM for several years...... Changed TM to Lowrance Ghost.

Worked well for fiahing needs.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

I have a 3 n 1 on my Ultrex, works well. I disconnected the built in downscan.
    2B576211

4. Member
    3 in 1 will work good. I have one on mine.

5. Member
    Which Trolling motor bracket is best to use with that long 3 in 1 Ducer? And I have a Fortrex if it matters.
    Last edited by Powerworm; 04-05-2022 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added info

6. Member
    I ran an HDI on my Fortrex and Ghost for a long time. Now running the 3in1 nosecone but I could get by with just 2D and Downscan. Not too many good ways to mount a 3in1 without spending a bunch of money for a dedicated mount.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

"Not too many good ways to mount a 3in1 without spending a bunch of money for a dedicated mount."

It is possible, less $20 here. Two clamps,
    some stainless screws and washers from Lowes and a scrap piece of Walmart cutting board .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2B576211

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerworm View Post
    Always been a Lowrance guy but I'm usually behind on tech by a number of years.
    Currently running a HDS Live 12" at the console and a 3in1 Transducer off the jackplate, works fine ( don't get depth at speed so might install a newer thru-hull someday )
    Soon I will install a HDS Live 9" at the TM and I'm wondering what TM transducer and mount is best to use, mostly for 2D but I believe downscan is also built in with some ? Are guys hanging a long 3in1 ducer off the TM as well, because I have one available.
    I didn't care about Active Target but now that I'm running new stuff I'd be a fool not to buy it so that's coming. Mostly need to know what to buy to get 2d and downscan at the Bow asap.

Thanks.
    What trolling motor are you currently running would be my first question?

9. Member
    Skeeter Man, Fortrex.

10. Member
    HDI trolling motor puck will take care of you. As far as the Live 9 mount, I’d go with BBT or Precision Sonar. Both make a great product.
    Last edited by Skeeter Man; 04-05-2022 at 04:40 PM.