Kinzua Lake How is the Fishing?

I can't remember the last time I fished the Kinzua Lake / Allegheny Reservoir. When I was younger we use to fish for Muski and Walleye. The Allegheny River was always good for small mouth. Has anyone been doing any good lately?
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

Never really fish the lake since it’s so big. Usually fish below the dam and the river down. Haven’t been up that way this year but I hear some are getting into them.

3. Member
    I used to live in Western PA and it was a popular spot until the early 2000's. Then everyone started fishing Lake Erie and Ontario in addition to all the Finger Lakes in NY. I've been told that it still produces some nice fish but it's deep and clear and tougher to catch them there so people have been going elsewhere.

4. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Fish are there and there are some nice sized ones if you can catch them, the lake fluctuates enough that there aren't really any weeds and a lot of it is deep structure, most guys in this area don't know how to fish it. I'll be there the end of the month, can update further after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Fish are there and there are some nice sized ones if you can catch them, the lake fluctuates enough that there aren't really any weeds and a lot of it is deep structure, most guys in this area don't know how to fish it. I'll be there the end of the month, can update further after that.
    Let me know how it goes. I have a cabin up there in Westline. I plan to haul the boat up and hit the lake plus some creeks for trout.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Let me know how it goes. I have a cabin up there in Westline. I plan to haul the boat up and hit the lake plus some creeks for trout.
    I generally fish the upper end of the lake (but still in PA).... but that might change now that I have a boat that will be better to run around in. When do you plan to be here?