Thread: Jackplate bolt?

Jackplate bolt?

I was pretty happy with the new setup. No major interference from what I can tell.

I thought I might pick up the threads of the bolt on my manual jackplate on my SI transducer. Is that what you think these lines are? If it is, not sure why I would see it on the down imaging, so maybe not? Also, based on the install I would think I would only see the bolt on 1 side.

The 2D shoot thru hull transducer has that line up top. I am guessing that is just where it is coming through the hull?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nicapopolis; 04-03-2022 at 02:57 PM.

The lines on both sides of the centerline are from the sonar pulses echoing off the inside of the jackplate=vertical surface.

You have the SI transducer so far inside the jackplate that the DI pulse is echoing off the jackplate also.

IF you want to get rid of that, lower the transducer down to the transom step and put a cover/holeshot plate on the bottom of the jackplate to hide the vertical surfaces.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The lines on both sides of the centerline are from the sonar pulses echoing off the inside of the jackplate=vertical surface.

You have the SI transducer so far inside the jackplate that the DI pulse is echoing off the jackplate also.

IF you want to get rid of that, lower the transducer down to the transom step and put a cover/holeshot plate on the bottom of the jackplate to hide the vertical surfaces.
    Thank you, Wayne.

It really doesn't bother me now. Maybe I will try to push it down further, or install the holeshot plate setup at some point.