Why won’t Xpress build what you want?

I while back I was going through some warranty issues with my 2020 triton where they had to build me a new boat. So out of disgust I was entertaining the idea of ordering a new x21 pro. The only problem is, they really weren’t interested in building what I wanted. They use these pros to advertise their boats, but when you become an interested customer they tell you they can’t build you what they built for their pros. Little things like sea dek color and rod box construction. I just thought it was weird, I figured if I was a boat builder I’d build whatever the customer wanted. Why do they do that?

2. Member
    I feel your pain, I wanted to switch my rod locker door to the style Luke Dunkin has and they told me they are not sure if it will fit so they won’t sell it to me… I want to switch out my console for the one that Jason Christie has and they told me it’s a prototype and not sure if they will build that style for ‘23 boat and I wanted to buy the seats that Christie has and again they said that those are prototypes and not sure if they will build those for the ‘23 … not sure why pros get different options than us? Other than that I love boat… except that mine is slow AF and I don’t know why, taking it to the dealer this week and praying they figure it out.
    X21 DC 2022 250sho
    dual 10’ raptors
    8”atlas jack plate
    Ultrex 80lbs
    Precision sonar dual console helix 9”
    Precision sonar dual stack bow helix 12”
    mega 360
    6” trailer frame

3. Member
    Exactly, I was willing to buy a brand new x21 pro. I just wanted it to be how I wanted it if I was gonna spend 60k. I asked if I could get the darker gray sea dek like Luke and Jason’s boats. They said nope only for pros. I mean people like us are the reason this industry makes money. I just wanted a few little things that the pros had. I guess I’ll be staying in my triton for now.

4. Member
    Check out Gator Traxs bass boat line, I don’t have a dog in the fight but they’ll build whatever you want and look top notch. Check out Keith Poche’s walk through on his new boat on YouTube or their many videos.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

5. Member
    must be doing something right they are selling them as fast as they are making them.

6. Member
    I wish you could order one with a jet outboard like they did four or five years ago.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    must be doing something right they are selling them as fast as they are making them.
    The entire point of the post went right over your noggin'.... and contributed nothing.

8. Member
    Pros get different options than you because they will be testing them out all year. The manufacturer gets to have their newest ideas put to the extreme test by the best fishermen in the business and find out if it works or not. They don’t get that with you.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Check out Gator Traxs bass boat line, I don’t have a dog in the fight but they’ll build whatever you want and look top notch. Check out Keith Poche’s walk through on his new boat on YouTube or their many videos.
    /\/\/\ this /\/\/\...... worth it, but, it'll cost ya'

10. Member
    didnt go over my noggin they are not a custom boat builder they build to a a product with standards an a few options an it is working .

11. Member
    You mean the dark gray color sea dek has to be put to the extreme test? And a rod locker that opens differently? Get out of here man! Don’t be ridiculous, I wasn’t asking for a different hull design or different livewell system. I asked for the dark gray sea dek like the pros have and the port rod locked that opens straight up. Are you saying that these two ideas have to be put to the extreme test by the pros? Because Luke Dunkin is on their pro staff and he fishes like 3 opens all year.

12. Member
    Gator trax a hell of a lot better built and they will build how you want it!

13. Member
    You probably can get exactly what you want, you just may have to do some of it yourself. What I mean is- in one of his recent YouTube videos Jason Christie shows his boat as it arrived from Xpress- It just had the Xtreme coat liner. Seadeck and electronics were all done aftermarket so he got exactly what he wanted. He got a thicker grade of Seadeck in the color he wanted. Check it out.

Several years ago a automnwood color i would love to have one in that color with the tan carpet.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

15. Member
    It’s like your in my head!! Lol. Nice boats but we should be able to rig ours like the pros if we want! Gator trax are nice but they are in the high $80’s!! I’ll stick with Xpress!
    X21 DC 2022 250sho
    dual 10’ raptors
    8”atlas jack plate
    Ultrex 80lbs
    Precision sonar dual console helix 9”
    Precision sonar dual stack bow helix 12”
    mega 360
    6” trailer frame

Xpress is like most manufacturing companies. Each step in the manufacturing process is carefully planned for maximum efficiency and time savings. A one off change in the build process brings the whole line to a halt. Plus, limiting color and other options means smaller inventories and money savings. It just doesn't make sense for Xpress to make the changes the OP wants.

As ssmithboats said, they are not a custom builder. And, as thebentpole said, a better way is to make the changes yourself.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

17. Member
    I waited damn near a year off the dealers build sheet. I got mix match things, some good, some bad. Upgraded minn Kota 112 w/i-pilot. Upgraded charger BUT, the upgraded charger was from a two bank to a three bank, useless in a 36 volt system. Never caught it until my third trip out getting low voltage alarms…then I look at the charger and WOW! Grrrrrrr.

18. Member
    MY Ranger rt 188 is almost 10 years old, I was shocked to get the same feed back, on purchasing a Jason style boat. Protype and for pros,same thing told to me, major turn off for me! Not many choices left, sucks!