Thread: Ice

Ice

Prepped the kayak and found a mixed bag yesterday: Gould/Emerald still covered, as is Todd. Massasecum fully open (eff that wind though, so no) and Turkey also. Informed that Turtletown is wide open by a bank angler. Ended up back at the Merr R in Concord for 2-3 hours. Main stem is running 39, highest I saw in the backwater was 43. Managed three crappie (to 14"!) on a JB. I can usually find a LM if the crappie are up, but no joy.

2. Member
    Feels nice to get out doesnt it. Fished massabesic today, first boat trip of the year. Was targeting crappie as my taco supply is running low, all I caught was smallies. Guess a good problem to have. Ended with 4 smallies and a pickeral the size of my arm. All out deep. Water was 42ish.

3. Member
    Was on Massasecum today and there definitely is ice in some places. The shore across from the ramp and upwards had ice on the edges and there was several floating ice patches. Water barely 40.
    Red Sox in 6!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Ended with 4 smallies
    Could be worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Was on Massasecum today and there definitely is ice
    Anything happening there?

Futzed around with transducer mounting some more today and headed over to Pleasant in Francestown to test it out @ 4:00. Good thing there were a pair of otters lounging around to keep me occupied, as I got no bites on the JB. Temp was 41.5. Drove by Deering - it's ice-free as far as the eye can seen. The dam boards have been put in (absolutely no flow below the spillway... gotta be a little rough on the downstream ecosystem??), still 18" below summer level so I don't think you could get a boat off the trailer there if you wanted to.

5. Member
    We didn’t even get a bite or see any sign of life other than Birds!
    Red Sox in 6!

Made it out on Canobie yesterday.
    Water temp was 45-47 the wind was blowing all day.
    Just a pickerel and a perch for me. 3 lg for my friend.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Fished Gregg Lake yesterday -- it's all clear, water temps ranged from 40 to 43; alas, no bites...mostly threw a silver buddy, a jerkbait and a flat crankbait for a bit. It was about 50% windier than forecast. Air temp not bad.