Thread: Chantilly Area

Chantilly Area

VA BBC
    i am looking for a little info
    i will be relocating to the Chantilly area for work only. I would like to bring my bass boat up with me, I don’t see a whole lot of runnable water around. What area should I look for housing? Need to commute to Chantilly but shorten my drive time to water.
    Where should I concentrate my research for fishing in these areas?
    Hows the bass fishing? I am from Florida and Upstate NY so I chase size there. Would be chasing numbers here

2. Member
    Potomac river is your best bet. If you are wanting to be closer to a launch ramp than work look in the Woodbridge / Lake Ridge area and you will be a short drive to Leesylvania State Park. You could also check around Lorton and that will put you close to Pohick Regional Park.
    Commute from those areas to Chantilly shouldn't be to bad, but around here it always depends on the time you trave.
    Message me if you need other info about the area.

3. Member
    Commute on Fairfax County Parkway can be really bad. I lived in Springfield and on a good day each way if was 40 minutes, a bad day an hour plus. If you are just fishing weekend, I would look off the Fairfax County Parkway closer to Fairfax. That makes your weekend fishing commute your only longer drive and your daily commute a little shorter. PM me if you wants more specifics.

4. Member
    With a bass boat the good fishing you want to do will mostly be to the east and southeast of Chantilly. Traffic sucks in the entire region. Housing prices are pretty high. Fairfax is expensive but it would probably put you in the best spot between work and the Potomac and you’d be right by 495/95 which would allow you to access the general eastern seaboard fishery. And even though fairfax is only about 10 miles from chantilly generally, unless you leave really early or late in the day, I’m guessing you’d be looking at an hour long drive to work if not longer. Traffic is really bad. :)