Huminbird sonars 360 VS Live

Bird guys. If you where to just to add one at time. Would you add 360 or mega live first

i am leaning to 360

asking this in florida becausethis where live and I am true Floridian and I fish the grass if I can find a lot

2. Member
    Ok, so as someone who has had both here's the best I can give you. Out of the two I still have 360. I sold my FFS (Garmin). To me the 360 is way more useful in terms of finding lines and holes in the grass which is the primary cover I fish. I found FFS to be almost useless for the way I fish which is primarily heavy shallow cover. Also, If your stationary, 360 can act as a Live unit as you can see fish moving around in open water in front of you. I also find 360 to be way better at spotting targets to throw at as I'm trolling along as it casts a much wider view in front of you. FFS is very precise and it also only sees whatever your trolling motor is pointing at. I understand they make a seperate thing now that can turn just the FFS but no thanks, I have enough junk on the deck of my boat as it is without adding something else you have to control.

I'm not bad mouthing FFS as it is really cool tech. I would highly recommend you fish with someone who has one or the other so you can see what might fit you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppin' Frog View Post
    Ok, so as someone who has had both here's the best I can give you. Out of the two I still have 360. I sold my FFS (Garmin). To me the 360 is way more useful in terms of finding lines and holes in the grass which is the primary cover I fish. I found FFS to be almost useless for the way I fish which is primarily heavy shallow cover. Also, If your stationary, 360 can act as a Live unit as you can see fish moving around in open water in front of you. I also find 360 to be way better at spotting targets to throw at as I'm trolling along as it casts a much wider view in front of you. FFS is very precise and it also only sees whatever your trolling motor is pointing at. I understand they make a seperate thing now that can turn just the FFS but no thanks, I have enough junk on the deck of my boat as it is without adding something else you have to control.

I'm not bad mouthing FFS as it is really cool tech. I would highly recommend you fish with someone who has one or the other so you can see what might fit you best.
    I agree!!

4. Member
    I have been on a boat that the owner had the 360.

It was pretty cool I thought. You could see ALL AROUND THE BOAT and not just in front. For me being on the Rear Deck (with a dash Unit on the 360) I could see the fish swimming and what direction they were going. It allowed me to place a bait to Where They Were Headed instead of where they had been.

Of the two IF I were to upgrade that is the way I would go.

On the other side, I have heard and seen JT Kenny talk about learning to use the FFS on grassy lakes like Headwaters and Stick Marsh. He was saying he can use it in as low as 3-4 ft of water.

I have neither, but the original "common wisdom" is that you would choose 360 for shallow, and FFS for offshore. Now, the FFS manf's have introduced a shallow mode ie scout/perspective/etc mode by flipping the ducer, which presents a live view suitable for shallow water, which is likely how JT is using FFS in FL.

Personally, I would still choose Mega 360 first as a Florida Angler. It seems to check all the boxes for Florida shallow water. Lot's of pro's are now abandoning the "one electronics sponsor" deal and running the best of each, ie a Mega 360 for shallow, Garmin for Livescope, and Lowrance for 2D.

6. Member
    I agree with that to point. I am running lowrance for 2D but I really use it for FMT map chip on the river

7. Member
    Thanks all 360 it is