Headed to the Rock

I will be at the Rock in the Shell Knob area tomorrow thru Sunday. Hope to find the bite still on. Any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Bite should def still be on. Coming off this cold front though I'd put the a rig on and fish it through the tops of trees. Prob be able to switch to a crankbait by Saturday or Sunday as well. Good luck tight lines!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex, 10" Helix MSI+ G4N, 10" Helix MDI+ G4N
    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

3. Member
    Got down here today early enough for an evening run. Extremely slow for me hope it picks up tomorrow.

4. Member
    Sorry for the late update post but fishing was so bad there was nothing to report. We fished secondary points leading into spawning areas and found 55 deg water (White River). Found a few beds starting to get cleaned off but didn't spot one buck bass cruising. We fished swim-baits, chatter-baits, wiggle warts, rock crawlers and Texas rig craw/creature and nothing. Headed back on the 14th to fish a few more days. Hopefully the water temps are up and have the full moon coming should turn the shallows on.

5. Member
    Dang that stinks and I'm surprised you didn't have any better luck. The BFL was the 2nd and 3rd and they caught some good sacks. There was 4 bags over 20 pounds on 4/2 with almost 22 pounds winning and had to be over 16 pounds to be in the top 10. On 4/3 they had 2 sacks over 19 and still had to be over 16 to be in the top 10. Not sure how they caught them but it's been fishing good. Better luck next time!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225

6. Member
    I think i just SUCK! Headed back this weekend and hope do better. Looks like they have had some crazy whether lately but warming trend now plus the full moon. Will report back with i return.

7. Member
    Def had some wild weather yesterday and the night before and unfortunately it's gonna be a mess down there this weekend just a heads up. Lots of flooding going on and lake coming up. Def watch out for floating logs if you go up the rivers and be prepared for muddy water. Good luck though!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225

8. Member
    Wow guys the Rock needs some consistent weather, like warmer... Fished Saturday morning after the rain and let me just say the water was up 2', still 55 deg, and muddy in spots. We decided to stay in the Shell Knob area and found decent water clarity and did find a few bucks on beds cursing the shore. Caught one nice spot on a shaky head green pumpkin worm and had a few strikes on a jig in about 8-12 feet of water. I talk to another fisherman that said they caught several fish in the same depth with a ned rig. If the Rock gets some good sunny warmer weather these fish should hit the banks to spawn. I feel like the spawn process is about 2 weeks behind.... but then again what the heck to i know.

I am headed to Lake Fork this week fishing Friday and Saturday and plan to be back at the Rock the following week. They should be on beds by then.... I hope!

9. Member
    It has def been a cool start to Spring. Lets of stuff is running behind this year as far as what would be "normal" timing. Good luck on Fork!
    1998 Champion 203
    1998 Mercury 225