Post L2 gearbox replacement

Well my second L2 in 10 years bit the dust over the weekend due to a big rock. My engine is a 07 225 HO. Model number is E225DHLSUA . Seems like the Magnum or the M2 is the the best replacement for my engine. The motor is on a 2007 Ranger 520 I am thinking the M2 would be a better choice due to the low water pick up. Can someone let me know what all I need for the swap I have been trying to research it but coming up short. I read where ill need new shift shat and drive shaft but I am unsure which one. Can someone point me in the right direction Thanks,

2. Member
    I have a lightning lower unit that was on my 2008 etec 225 HP outboard. I thought the gearcase was shot so I replaced it with a magnum 2. I have had nothing but trouble trying to get adjustments right and get it set to perform like my lightning did. I found out that the adjustments were the problem with the lightning gearcase. My shifting lever was slipping and was not in the right place so when i shifted it did not go into gear properly. I have decided not to change it back because i have had so much trouble with the magnum. I finally have it working fine and i don't want to change it out. If interested I will sell the Lightning gear case. The case housing is in perfect shape.No dents or scratches. Call or text me if interested.