Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Ontario water levels

Here we are into another spring, and I believe that it is time to start keeping an eye on the water level of the Big Pond otherwise know to us as Lake Ontario hoping that it will not keep going up ruining some of our fun plans. These are the current levels and projected levels, so let's hope we don't have an overly wet spring and early summer pushing her to nasty levels, since she is on the high side already.

IMG_20220328_150750830.jpg

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Holy May June Batman!!

3. Member
    Yea, that was what I thought when I looked at the possibilities. I pray that it doesn't go down that road for everyone's sake.

4. Member
    Isn’t the shaded area just the possible range and not an actual prediction? The yellow line appears to be the prediction and while it’s slightly higher than average, it isn’t that much higher. Maybe I’m reading it wrong though.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bschwoep View Post
    Isn’t the shaded area just the possible range and not an actual prediction? The yellow line appears to be the prediction and while it’s slightly higher than average, it isn’t that much higher. Maybe I’m reading it wrong though.
    Based on the direction we are going without any other negative variables the yellow line would put us at 3'+, however, everything coming into Superior and down from there is coming our way, lets hope that the yellow line doesn't get pushed much higher than half way up that graph.

6. Member
    A new update on the water level graph with little more specifics by the authorities.
    Lake level 2.jpg

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    A new update on the water level graph with little more specifics by the authorities.
    Lake level 2.jpg
    looking little better

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    looking little better
    Yea, it seems that they have narrowed the parabola graph a bit, and I am praying that we stay on the thick dotted line.

9. Member
    Does this look like a wet Spring pattern to anyone else but me? My acreage is so freaking wet that I need tall boots to even get near my pond.
    I pray that everyone in the I81 corridor from Binghamton to A Bay didn't get hurt too badly by the latest winter snow storm that dump heavily on many areas.

10. Member
    The I-81 corridor North of Cortland didn’t get hit too bad. bingo got quite a bit but The worst of it was between Utica and Fort Plain and north up to Tupper lake damage wise. (otsego, herkimer, and Hamilton counties). That storm knocked our power out for roughly 12 hours yesterday. We are lucky we got it turned on though. My buddy works for the town of inlet and the power companies told them not to expect anything for a minimum of 48 hours.. my sister in law lives 20min away from us and they’re still without power.

this has been one of the wettest springs I can remember. Definitely put a damper on the trout streams. Hoping to get the boat from storage either Friday or Saturday
    Last edited by ECobb91; 04-20-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    ECobb

2017 was a dang wet Spring up to June. I dug a basement on the first house we did on a small subdivision of 4 lots, and I lost count how many times I pumped it. The second basement I dug on June 17, and the next 2 days it rained enough that I had to go around with the excavator around the all thing clearing cave ins to get footing set up the following week. I moved 10 cubes of blocks with the machine.
    I pray we don't ever come close to 2017.

12. Member
    I hope this helps calm your worries.
    https://buffalonews.com/news/local/l...b1e0c13cb.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I hope this helps calm your worries.
    https://buffalonews.com/news/local/l...b1e0c13cb.html
    I pray they are right in their assessment, though these are the same A$$ holes that cost some of my neighbors major damage to their home. In all the yrs living in Hilton, NY near the Lk Ontario Pkwy, I thought that I would never would have seem partial lane closing for flooding, but I got to see it.
    There is 1 type of folks I reckon will never fancy a liking for and that is politicians, since I have seen that spew lies out both sides of their mouth.

14. Member
    I pray they are right in their assessment, though these are the same A$$ holes that cost some of my neighbors major damage to their home. In all the yrs living in Hilton, NY near the Lk Ontario Pkwy, I thought that I would never would have seem partial lane closing for flooding, but I got to see it.
    There is 1 type of folks I reckon will never fancy a liking for and that is politicians, since I have seen that spew lies out both sides of their mouth.
    You can always tell when a politician is lying..........his mouth is moving.

15. Member
    I remember when it became public that shipping companies and the seaway made a deal to keep the water levels above normal so shipping freighters can go through faster. There’s been flooding issues ever since and it was all due to the seaway not opening the gates. They were supposed to retract that policy because of all the flooding events the past few years. Now they’re blaming climate change as the reason?

Looks like the seaway just found the way to keep the levels up and they can just throw up their hands and say “it’s climate related” and not have to change a thing.

i fully believe in climate change, but the seaway policies have a much greater impact imo.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    They were talking about it in the local news about the meeting to discuss adjustments due to 'climate change', and the impact it will have on lake levels. NYS seems that they will be trying to follow what California has imposed on its residents from new housing to appliances to car to recreational vehicles, which it is were boats come under the category.
    They are trying to push through laws forcing people to adopt failed methods of heating your home with electric, which was tried many yrs ago, and proved to be the most expensive wasteful way to heat your house, which this will eliminate use of firewood for heating as well.
    They are forcing residents in not being able to buy any appliances using natural gas or anything derived from natural gas.
    New registrations of internal combustion engine vehicles will not be allowed in NYS as of 2030.
    New home construction as of 2035 will require that the home be 90% self sufficient by using solar or wind energy.

All these policies will be part of the November election bond and other mandates just like it was pushed through in CA, and now that they are failing miserably with people leaving their state in droves, including one of the originators of alternative energy and EV Elon Musk that has moved everything including the Tesla factory to Texas. I hope that everyone stays alert on this matters, since the last thing we need is giving the state more sticks to beat us down with in NYS. I am all on board in looking into ideas to improve our living environment, but I am in NO WAY on board to force American citizens into having to succumb to government oppressions based on theories and statistics based on old data prior to the many improvements been made to furnaces, stoves, dryers, vehicles of all types including boat engines.

The most expensive lessons that I have learned from have been my mistakes, and I have found that learning from others mistakes is the best and most effective way to learn, so I hope that we look at what has previously failed us and not repeat the same mistakes made in the past or in other states.

17. Member
    More solid taxpayers will be packing for freedom and sanity.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralexan View Post
    More solid taxpayers will be packing for freedom and sanity.
    Good observation, and let me strongly suggest that you make your voice well known by your vote. Come November, take the time to cast that vote cause it really matter.

19. Member
    They were talking about it in the local news about the meeting to discuss adjustments due to 'climate change', and the impact it will have on lake levels. NYS seems that they will be trying to follow what California has imposed on its residents from new housing to appliances to car to recreational vehicles, which it is were boats come under the category.
    They are trying to push through laws forcing people to adopt failed methods of heating your home with electric, which was tried many yrs ago, and proved to be the most expensive wasteful way to heat your house, which this will eliminate use of firewood for heating as well.
    They are forcing residents in not being able to buy any appliances using natural gas or anything derived from natural gas.
    New registrations of internal combustion engine vehicles will not be allowed in NYS as of 2030.
    New home construction as of 2035 will require that the home be 90% self sufficient by using solar or wind energy.

All these policies will be part of the November election bond and other mandates just like it was pushed through in CA, and now that they are failing miserably with people leaving their state in droves, including one of the originators of alternative energy and EV Elon Musk that has moved everything including the Tesla factory to Texas. I hope that everyone stays alert on this matters, since the last thing we need is giving the state more sticks to beat us down with in NYS. I am all on board in looking into ideas to improve our living environment, but I am in NO WAY on board to force American citizens into having to succumb to government oppressions based on theories and statistics based on old data prior to the many improvements been made to furnaces, stoves, dryers, vehicles of all types including boat engines.

The most expensive lessons that I have learned from have been my mistakes, and I have found that learning from others mistakes is the best and most effective way to learn, so I hope that we look at what has previously failed us and not repeat the same mistakes made in the past or in other states.
    I read on the bottom line on our local news that the NYS lawmakers were discussing a bill that would prevent any City, Town or Village to issue any building permits unless the building was 100% electric. This bill was suppose to take effect January 1st 2024. I have NOT heard anymore on this bill, if it is going forward or not.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I read on the bottom line on our local news that the NYS lawmakers were discussing a bill that would prevent any City, Town or Village to issue any building permits unless the building was 100% electric. This bill was suppose to take effect January 1st 2024. I have NOT heard anymore on this bill, if it is going forward or not.
    This is the continuous stupidity of those that are stoking the firebox on this train, they have learned nothing from all the mistakes been made in the past in their futility of trying to play 'gods' to score political points, but what they are failing to see is that this train is going to run out of track cause the infrastructure can't support it nor the average person's wallet.
    Lots of folks in Monroe County area signed up with their local community that bought electric from the electric panel farms popping up everywhere using up good farm land, and they ended up triple the cost for their monthly utility to the point that the same localities are taking legal action against the utilities.
    BTW, the St Lawrence River is one of the greatest hydropower producer next to the Niagara Falls plant.

I don't mind getting on board this train, only when I am dang sure that there is tracks from East to West to North to South, and the ticket is not going to break the bank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast