Splash Well Rubber Mat

I noticed this rubber mat in my splash well area starting to pull up along the back side. Should I replace/repair or just let it be? If I did need to repair or replace has anyone done that before and have tips on where to find the part and what to use as adhesive for it? Thanks

1.jpeg2.jpeg

2. Member
    How's the glass under it?
    If good, shine it up and just seal the hatch lid.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dj562006 View Post
    I noticed this rubber mat in my splash well area starting to pull up along the back side. Should I replace/repair or just let it be? If I did need to repair or replace has anyone done that before and have tips on where to find the part and what to use as adhesive for it? Thanks

1.jpeg2.jpeg
    Ranger usually has all the rubber pads that are on your boat. Loctite Black Max 380 is also what Ranger recommends and told me they use at the factory to install. Be sure to keep acetone with you if you get any excess of the Loctite as it will NOT come off if you do not wipe it immediately with the acetone.
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin56 View Post
    Ranger usually has all the rubber pads that are on your boat. Loctite Black Max 380 is also what Ranger recommends and told me they use at the factory to install. Be sure to keep acetone with you if you get any excess of the Loctite as it will NOT come off if you do not wipe it immediately with the acetone.

Good tip. I also like to mask off the surrounding area (outline) with some masking tape.

5. Banned
    I used a liquid truck bed liner on my previous Ranger Cherokee. The plastic/rubber mat was getting wrinkled ,cracking. Pulled it ,scuffed that area ,wiped it down with alcohol,masked it . Applied the bed liner with small roller brush . Looked good , stopped the fuel hose from scraping the paint.

6. Member
    Do you think this Loctite Marine adhesive would work as well? Link Local store has this but not the 380.

I'd be surprised if it would ever lay flat again. You could try using a hot air gun and heat it up, than place a HEAVY block over it and let it cool. You'd be better off getting a new mat from Ranger
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

8. Member
    I replaced most of the rubber mats last year. Bought them through Ranger - They said use loctite but I couldn't get it at the time so I think used 3M 4200 adhesive - whichever 3m marine adhesive is non permanent - this way if it ever needed to be replaced in the future it wouldn't take forever to get the old rubber off.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmada View Post
    I replaced most of the rubber mats last year. Bought them through Ranger - They said use loctite but I couldn't get it at the time so I think used 3M 4200 adhesive - whichever 3m marine adhesive is non permanent - this way if it ever needed to be replaced in the future it wouldn't take forever to get the old rubber off.
    Do you think this Loctite PL Marine Adhesive sealant will work on the new mat? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

10. Member
    Do you think this Loctite PL Marine Adhesive sealant will work on the new mat? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Looks like it would.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

11. Member
    This stuff for rubber.

https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubbe...60&sr=8-1&th=1

I'd still see if the glass would clean up first. If not new mat with this stuff.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

12. Member
    I would personally just get the loctite 380. One tube will be plenty to do that rear pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-13542...000132VEE&th=1
    2005 Ranger Z21
    2005 Mercury Verado 250