Shingles and golf

Came down with Shingles while fishing lake Fork about 10 days ago.
    Fished through the pain and got the pills on day 3 when I figured out the insect bites on my back were not insect bites.
    Anyhoo, fast forward to today.
    Pain in chest muscles and underarm but decided to hit the course with wife and another couple who are good friends. If it didn’t go well I figured I could at least putt and chip and enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon.
    Warmed up a little and hit surprisingly well.
    So went to chip and putt a few and then we were off.
    Played very well and shot 80. First time out in 6 weeks so very surprising for me.
    Beautiful day and lots of fun with friends.
    Pain didn’t bother me except to plant the tee or bend down to pick up the ball with right arm. Swinging was not painful as it turned out.
    Maybe I will hit the links Tuesday if all goes well tomorrow.

2. Member
    Well done Bearetta!

There must be something to playing with pain......... last year after hernia surgery I played sooner than I probably should have and shot one of my lowest rounds of the year............

3. Member
    maybe mentally you are putting more thought into mechanics? Kudos to both of you for adapting.

4. Member
    I definitely was not trying to blast the ball. Smooth easy swing was my focus. Seemed to work for some reason.

I thought you meant shingles on a roof, I hit them pretty regularly, JK, glad you’re doing better!
    GO DAWGS