This is an informational Sticky Post and is not open to additional posts. If you have any suggestions for improvement of this Sticky Post, please send a PM to me and I'll incorporate the changes as I do plan to update this post with any changes or new information.

Many people wonder if the Apex is worth the additional dollars and assume that the better screen resolution is the only difference. Here is a list I put together when comparing my Apex 19 to my previous Solix 15 G2 as well as some additional "Differences" information which is common to both the Apex as well as the Solix G3. As for the "is it worth it question", that is for you to determine based on whether the differences add value to your fishing experience.

• Screen resolution on my Apex 19 looks much more smooth and crisp than my previous Solix 15 G2. I would say that it even looks smoother and more crisp than my Solix 12 G3 as well... Even though the 12 is a significantly smaller screen.
• No need to scroll down on Home Screen to get to other utilities (like Files)... All are on the main screen, including some additional system information which was previously only available on the Networking Settings.
• Wider screen format than Solix.
• 6 Favorite Views on the views sidebar vs 5 on the Solix... Total of 12 Favorite Views in the 2 Tabs
• There are 2 different HDMI video cables. The HDMI Video Out cable is part 720115-1, is 10 ft long, and has a mini HDMI connector. The HDMI Video In cable is part 720119-1, is 10' long, and has a full size HDMI connector.
• Generic HDMI Cables will work on both the HDMI In & HDMI Out ports. You just can't securely connect them. There are some generic waterproof HDMI Cables but I haven't tried them and don't know if the threaded adapters would be compatible with the Apex. If you don't use the Humminbird HDMI Cables, you will need a Female HDMI to Male Mini HDMI Adapter/Dongle since the Apex HDMI Out port is a female Mini HDMI connector. The HDMI In Port is a regular size female HDMI connector.
• HDMI Video options will show up on the Views screen after a device has been plugged into HDMI In Port. Sort of like adding the Mega 360 or Mega Live Views only after detecting their connection to the control head.
• You can play HDMI In video footage on a full screen or 1/4 screen view only. You aren't allowed to put HDMI into a 1/2 side by side or 1/2 above and below view. My assumption is that those just don't have the right aspect ratio for displaying the video content. Also, video can't be zoomed in either full screen or 1/4 screen views.
• The only settings for Video are Brightness and Contrast. The slider bar goes from 1% to 100% for each... 50% is the default for both.
• Apex uses a different (and much smaller) NMEA 0183 connector than Solix

(The following differences apply to both the Apex and Solix G3 when compared to the Solix G2)
• It takes longer to export menu settings. I'm assuming that maybe more settings information is being saved but I haven't really had a chance to test this.
• All Sonar history scrolling much smoother
• Scrolling settings lists is much smoother... More like scrolling a phone.
• Mega 360 sweeps are smoother, even at the max speed of 6... No jerkiness.
• Boot speed is about the same as Solix G2
• For night fishing, the screen has a much more even brightness control on the low end. I always felt that, on the Solix G1 and G2, screen brightness 2 was too bright and screen brightness 1 was not bright enough while night fishing.
• You can play back Mega 360 or Mega Live Sonar Recordings without having to be connected to the 360 or Live transducers. I have played back the sonar Recordings in my home office with no transducers connected.
• On Sonar Recordings, you can't record anything else if you select Mega Live... Checking the Mega Live source on the Sonar Recordings screen will uncheck all the other sources. Checking any one of the other Sonar Sources will uncheck Mega Live.
• When playing back a Mega Live Sonar Recording, there is no chart data available. With 2D, SI, DI, & 360 recordings, you can also replay the chart information from the recorded information as well.
• Support has been dropped for the Humminbird RC1 and RC2 remotes.
• There is still a single Bluetooth device type pairing limitation.
• Bluetooth Pairing seems faster
• There is a cooling fan which you can hear.