Thread: REDCREST Expo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

REDCREST Expo

After day one we are impressed and we made staff plans for more help today.

With the inaccurate post below we felt a solid honest post might offset the post with some reality.

We dropped into Tulsa not knowing what to expect with the first indoors Expo for a REDCREST event. Coming in we felt having 25,000 through the doors over three days would be spectacular. And we honestly thought yesterday might actually be a bust.

Yesterday was a phenomenal day one. It’s in no way Classic busy, but a nice flowing crowd through about 3:00 PM. Right off the bat at 10:00 AM people were lined up waiting to get in. This center is extremely well laid out inside and outside, and parking exists on all four sides. They stayed in their vehicles until the doors were slated to open, as it was cool, and they flowed in when they did open. The easy access was nice.

After a day one we were impressed and they certainly advertised this event heavily across a six state area. We had guests in our booth today from Nebraska, South Texas, Mississippi, California and more areas that came in see the Expo.

There is a very small space of unsold display area and the upper floor is all that was planned to be in the Expo. The lower area where the “Chili Bowl” sprint car race is held was never rented or planned to be a part of this.

Yes, naysayers or not and we were wonderers ourselves, we are calling Day One a Win for MLF.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 03-26-2022 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added a “t”

99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Thanks for setting the record straight.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

4. Member
    Thanks for the Honest Report.

5. Member
    Get out the pitchforks, he’s telling the truth!

6. Member
    I stand amazed, sometimes, at the bashing. I have yet to hear an MLF Fan bash BASS and the 5 fish tours. It's just another form of competitive fishing. I enjoy following and learning from them all. I actually learn more from MLF because we watch em "not catch" em, too.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    I stand amazed, sometimes, at the bashing. I have yet to hear an MLF Fan bash BASS and the 5 fish tours. It's just another form of competitive fishing. I enjoy following and learning from them all. I actually learn more from MLF because we watch em "not catch" em, too.
    If you dig deeper, most are not really bashing the tour itself. Just the arrogance and false advertising. Remember the Red Crest event and expo were going to be bigger and better than the Classic? BCB just said it is in no way Classic busy. Which I think we all knew

8. Banned

I will never understand those against having two choices (if you don't like MLF no one makes you watch). This is not like NFL vs Arena ball we have two top quality bass fishing series to watch.

9. Member
    I have got to say that you folks at BC boats have just impressed me more and more with each passing year. I am sure if someone wanted to do the research, at some point in the past I have shared my dislike for a couple of the "different" features on most, if not all BC boats, but I have always respected the build quality, hull design/speed, and innovation of the brand. But over the past couple of years I have seen videos featuring leadership and employees of BC boats, posts here from BC boats and owners, as well as other positive things that is just impressive and refreshing in this world of constant negativity. Thank you for the honest post that was not necessary. If I ever get an itch/need for another rig, another bird or a Basscat will be the only two brands I'll be interested in.
    2014 920/SHO

10. Member
    Good to hear I hope you get to sell a bunch of new rigs. I wish nothing but the best for MLF.
    John the Garage Doorman

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    After day one we are impressed and we made staff plans for more help today.
    Was the increase in staffing so the BCB rep standing by himself in the booth yesterday has a friend or two to talk to today? Sorry couldn't resist.

12. Member
    Finally a post on this with some sense...

The EXPO set up is outstanding and open. Everything looks great and all of the sponsors/partners/exhibitors are on the same floor space, not tucked off in a maze of rooms to hunt for who you're looking for. All of my clients I spoke with Friday shared the sentiments BCB noted above. Everyone is enjoying the first EXPO setup and looking forward to the weekend.

I'll say this here for the naysayers. It DOES NOT MATTER how many people show up this weekend. What matters is that they got the EXPO piece of the puzzle off the ground and up and running. This is a process and it will be built over time. All of their sponsors/partners understand that this is an investment and they're building for the future EXPO activations. Just like BCB above, most of their sponsors have been at this with MLF for a long time and they know how it works.

The event is already a success, now it's just how many show up to add to the party. They will learn from it, talk with their hosts and partners and get their feedback and iterate in the coming years to make improvements and grow the EXPO side of their property. Simple as that.

13. Member

Is the glass half full or empty..

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    If you dig deeper, most are not really bashing the tour itself. Just the arrogance and false advertising. Remember the Red Crest event and expo were going to be bigger and better than the Classic? BCB just said it is in no way Classic busy. Which I think we all knew
    You think you heard it somewhere on the internet so you assume MLF said it. Please provide a source for the bigger and better claim. Also learn to spell, it is Redcrest.

P01135809

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    You think you heard it somewhere on the internet so you assume MLF said it. Please provide a source for the bigger and better claim. Also learn to spell, it is Redcrest.

Perhaps from this article:

https://www.bassfan.com/news_article...0-classic-expo

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Boyd Duckett said it on a BTL interview more than once. The first time was late 2018 or early 2019 around the split. I'm not going to dig around looking for it, but he said it more than once.

Glad it’s going well and thanks for the honest post.

20. Member
    Great job MLf!!! Keep on raising the bar!!! Excited to see what MLF and BASS look like in the future!!!!
    and I attended classic this year as well…….

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast