Thread: RT188P Wiring

RT188P Wiring

2021 RT188p. Getting ready to replace my console unit and run network cable to bow. How difficult is it to pull new power to the console and pull from console to to bow? I pulled a direct run from the bilge to the bow but it was a pain. I had to use the channel that the livewell valve cable was ran through. It appears the main power from the factory is not running through any conduit and is now foamed in some spots.

2. Member
    It shouldn't be that hard. Just use fish tape or the fiberglass rods that screw together. I just put in new graphs over the winter, and it wasn't too bad. Just had to take my time.
    2017 Ranger 198p w/ Merc150 4stroke

3. Member
    I just used a heavy duty piece of wire to pull my ethernet cable last weekend. Worked just fine and was the easiest part of last weekends upgrades.

4. Member
    when you ran the cable from the bow to the console where did it come out on inside the console or on the little box on the bottom and did you use the tube that is at the bow.

5. Member
    I'm going to be doing this soon on my 188p. Did you get this figured, Bernie?