Thread: Trailer issues?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    This is a little off topic, but still an issue with the trailer. Although its a minor issue, has anyone had issues with the CAYMUS stickers continually coming off on the side of the trailers. This is on the lighted area. I was just curious if Caymus had a fix for this problems. It seems like I have saw a lot of other boats missing some of these stickers, including mine.

2. Member
    That issue is on going. Suppose to in the future do a laser cut in Caymas name in the metal in that area where that lighted step is for now though the stickers do peel back and forth but you can get a hold of benchmark trailers, and Alicia or Robbie will just send you some out, or your dealer, whichever route you go. Hope this helps.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Have had my 22 CX19 for 2 weeks on a Benchmark trailer. Haven't noticed any scratching on the bottom of my hull, but have had issues loading the trailer. It makes a God awful scratching sound whiled loading. Def have to go in short and load to line up and then power up until can't anymore. Then pull it up a little biy more to complete that ride. Going to add a stainless scuff buster as well to help protect that area as much as possible.

4. Member
    My 2022 CX-21 Pro is scuffing the bottom of my hull also. I have always fully "wet" my trailer bunks before loading also. I'll mention this to my dealer also.

21 Glass
    2022 Caymas CX 21 Pro, 2022 Merc 250 Pro XS 4 stroke, 10" Atlas Hydraulic Plate, 24" Fury 3 Blade
    Humminbird 16" Apex Driver's Console; Two Garmin Echomap 126SV, Two Garmin LVS 34's, Humminbird 16" Apex & Mega 360, RiteHite Turret, Garmin Force Troll Motor on the Bow

5. Member
    Here the best depth for my CX 20, works fine! [IMG][/IMG]

6. Member
    The photo above is exactly how I load mine, but on steep ramps, it is still difficult to have enough depth to get the boat on and keep the nose above the roller. I don't have an issue on 95% of ramps. I have not noticed, heard, or looked for scratching from the bunks.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

I’m on a steeper ramp than that. Like I said no issues loading or unloading she loads right up with minimal power but the scratches are bothersome. I have also been in contact with Caymas and benchmark both are great to work with and are working towards a solution.
    2020 Bass Cat Lynx DC Mercury 300. Dual Hummingbird Solix 12’s

8. Member
    on the customer service.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bean1187 View Post
    I’m on a steeper ramp than that. Like I said no issues loading or unloading she loads right up with minimal power but the scratches are bothersome. I have also been in contact with Caymas and benchmark both are great to work with and are working towards a solution.
    Good deal please keep us informed.

10. Member
    ok, thanks! I have replaced the stickers a few times threw the dealer, glad to know there may be something permanent in the future.

11. Member
    Ive run my boat a few years and the stickers have stay on and still look good. I agree the stickers do peel, bubble and lift. Ive see many do this. Benchmark is always working on improvements.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bspfishing19 View Post
    ok, thanks! I have replaced the stickers a few times threw the dealer, glad to know there may be something permanent in the future.
    Very important to have a good dealer who will work with you with these problems, there are some out there who could care less but if you have money they find ways to help you out quicker!!

13. BBC SPONSOR
    I have an early model cx20. (I was told #13 out of the mold) Load my boat also scuffs my hull.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Very important to have a good dealer who will work with you with these problems, there are some out there who could care less but if you have money they find ways to help you out quicker!!
    I know exactly what you are talking bout!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    First thing I did when I got my boat, that. Heavy two speed Fulton is a hoss!
    Fulton model #?

16. Member

Winch

Hope it helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Hope it helps
    Thank you sir.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Thank you sir.

19. Member
    Bench Mark told me to lower the front roller 3/4" and if that didn't work they had a shim kit

Remove boat and go power wash the bunks
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast