Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions For Those On Hulu Or Youtube Or Other Streaming

Since changing to streaming versus cable or satellite, are you satified with streaming or do you wish you had not changed. We are considering streaming. What provider do you like best - Hulu, Youtube, or some other streaming service. We currently have dish with local channels. We need some type of service because we are unable to receive local channels because of the distance to a major city.

I've had Sling for about 6 or 7 years now. No real complaints.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

3. Member
    Recently switched from Dish to Youtube TV. I don't regret it one bit. I did give up some channels but that is just fine. I use MyOutdoortv for all that type programming.

4. Member
    We are glad we switched to YouTube TV. We get locals with YouTube which was one reason for chosing them

5. Member
    We use Youtube TV and we are satisfied with it. WE get local channels and have had no problems with it over the last 1.5 years. I also subscribe to FRNDLY TV for $5.99 a month. It has the History Channel and Outdoor, Sportsman & WFN with it. Cut my cable bill by~$125.00 a month.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

I think the picture quality was a bit better with DirecTV but I switched to YouTubeTV and it's superior in pretty much every other way and quite a bit cheaper.

7. Member
    I watch free utube, firestick occasionally (free) and for local channels Xfinity app. I always want the local news and weather. Xfinity basic channels though their app on your smart tv is $10 a month.

I was upsold to the Xfinity Box when my discounts ran out. But the Xfinity Box does not get local channels so I switched back, got my discounts and sent the box back as well.

I pay $75 per month for great internet access and the Xfinity basic channels.
    2019 Ranger Z185
    veteran

8. Member
    I haven’t had cable in over a decade. I don’t miss it one bit. I manage to watch whatever I want with minimal effort.

9. Member
    Have used both youtubetv and sling ---no issues . Only thing that sucks now is that Fox regional sports still not available . I like baseball , unable to see Rangers,Cards,Royals or Astros . What is really stupid is that when they are on MLB network they get blacked out . What a crock, why block them out when not available . I am stuck watching teams i not really care about .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

10. Member
    We switched to YouTube TV a couple years ago. Right now it is still quite a bit cheaper than the non-streaming alternatives, but it has jumped in price from $40 per month when we started out to now being $65 per month. It's really nice not having to pay a monthly fee for DVR service and set-top box fees, and I love being able to watch it when we are away from home (as long as I'm able to get a good internet connection). It did take a little getting used to because you don't have channel numbers anymore, and it does take longer to switch between channels than it did with our previous cable TV provider, but those are very minor things. And you can customize your channel guide, which makes it easier to group the channels you watch all together. Overall I'm very glad we switched.

11. Member
    Hulu, Netflix, and Disney+ suits our lifestyle more than cable. We can watch what we want, whenever we want, and don’t have to worry about TV schedules. We didn’t switch to save money. Our only hinderance is specific shows we watch are only available on Hulu Live and it seems more shows are being pulled from the basic hulu package to force people into Hulu Live.

keep in mind if you’re “cutting the cord” because you’re tired of paying for excessive cable costs, soon streaming and internet service will be the same, if not more than cable packages. With everyone cutting the cord, companies are not sitting idly by and watching their profits plummet. This means the networks also lose money on contracts with cable providers. Networks have already started pulling their programming and services requiring people to be subscribers to watch their favorite shows. Internet providers have been slowly increasing costs, and streaming services are also raising their rates as well.

what used to be $60 a month for Internet and streaming, has now gone to $100 in the matter of 4 years. It will only go up.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    What is IPTV and how does it work compared to other services. I have heard it mentioned in other cut the cord threads here. I to am looking to dump dish. I am very unfamiliar with all this cut the cord stuff and streaming in general.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

ditched cable for firestick, hulu, etc love it. there is a learning curve so don't to too pissed off at passwords etc

14. Member
    I cannot imagine going back to a box or dish.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    We are glad we switched to YouTube TV. We get locals with YouTube which was one reason for chosing them
    Same here. Local channels available, not missing much [if it all], excellent picture quality, and I like the user interface. No negatives so far.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

16. Member
    It was fine in the beginning, but now all the streaming services require cable anyway so switched back.

17. Member
    Dish to Hulu and glad I did, saved lots of money and have the same channels. Wish we had done it a long time ago.

18. Member
    Between Hulu, Netflix, free Youtube and the Roku channel (also free) I don't miss cable one bit

19. Member
    Have had Youtube TV and currently direct tv stream. No really big difference between cable. Except the DVR function is great on both.

20. Member
    Check out Fubo.tv. It's not well known, but you can get local channels, well at least here you can. It's like 110 channels and you can do a free 7 day trial. If you don't like it, just cancel before the 7 days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast