Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this all I need for live scope

Just needing some info on what all I need to get started with my first panoptix livescope setup. I see cablelas is having a sale and for under $2k it seems like I could get what I need but just want to make sure before I order.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/garm...nsducer-system

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/garm...tplotter-combo

Is that UHD 93sv all I need to pair it with the livescope transducer? Is there anything else I would need? I have a minnkota maxxum trolling motor and wasn’t sure if that tranducer would mount onto the shaft. Would I need another mount? Im already have mega 360 so I won’t need anything but front and bottom livescope. Also does the live scope tranducer provide standard water depth and water temps? I was thinking if I added this I would remove my hummingbird DI unit which gives me temp and depth.Anyways any suggestions or info would always be appreciated. Thanks!

Hook ‘‘em Hard -Ditch

2. Member
    Yep that’s it.

3. Member
    If one humminbird at console & one at bow interlinked I’d keep the di up front just because of the way point sharing capabilities & use the mapping etc. at console. I did this & bought the 93 sv livescope bundle to have a dedicated livescope unit. I switched my hummingbirds around & put the biggest one at console for searching for brushpiles etc. & moved the smaller one up front for 2-d, d i, mapping & waypoint sharing capabilities.

4. Member
    Great! With the sale cabelas is having its hard to pass up!

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    RMP a board sponsor also has this sell.....probably save on taxes also........ only thing i see is that you would have to tell them you want the perspective bracket where as Cabela's can be chosen to add to the order.

https://www.russellmarineproducts.co...93sv54-cmb.htm

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1168695

The LS ducer does give you temp but dont remember if it gives you depth......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    If one humminbird at console & one at bow interlinked I’d keep the di up front just because of the way point sharing capabilities & use the mapping etc. at console. I did this & bought the 93 sv livescope bundle to have a dedicated livescope unit. I switched my hummingbirds around & put the biggest one at console for searching for brushpiles etc. & moved the smaller one up front for 2-d, d i, mapping & waypoint sharing capabilities.
    My HB units are not interlinked at all. At the console I have an older SI unit. Up front I have a helix 9 I use for my 360 that I could also use for mapping if I remove the 998c DI unit. Then I could just use the Garmin unit for temps, depth and of course Livesxope!

Thanks for the reply! I’m gonna place the order for pick up. Cus I’ll save another 10% with promo code STOREPICKUP. It will be less than $2k for it all.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    RMP a board sponsor also has this sell.....probably save on taxes also........

I do hope it does give depth. Wasn’t entirely sure if the UHD 93sv came with a transducer I could mount under the troller. Or if it could be used at the same time. Especially since mega360 don’t give depth or temp.

Normally I go with board sponsors. But I will save tax with the promo code STOREPICKUP. Plus I live down the road from a cabelas and bass pro. So I kinda want it today so I can install it for the weekend! Thanks bro!

8. Member
    RMP a board sponsor also has this sell.....probably save on taxes also........ only thing i see is that you would have to tell them you want the perspective bracket where as Cabela's can be chosen to add to the order.

I wonder if I should just pick the UHD 93sv up now since it’s on sale for $699. Then wait till April 14th and just get the new livescope plus. It’s only 2 weeks away and it has to be better from what I just read. There’s 2 kinds… one for 1199 and another for 1699. What’s the difference?
    Last edited by Ditch Pickler; 03-23-2022 at 07:42 AM.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, without a ducer price doesnt make sense but hey it's a better deal with ducer......all will work together without any issues.....

10. Member
    Yes, without a ducer price doesnt make sense but hey it's a better deal with ducer......all will work together without any issues.....

does the eco map UHD 93sv work with the new livescope plus 34? I’m almost thinking about just waiting 2 weeks and picking that one up. Although right now LS32 is on sale for $1299. The new LS34 is $1699.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes it does.

12. Member
    Tackle warehouse has the 32 for $1199

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxstang90 View Post
    Tackle warehouse has the 32 for $1199

Noce thanks for the heads up!

Overlay options you can choose to display on the screen are various. On my 93sv I've got time, temp and depth displayed. Simply my opinion but I don't see any reason to go with 34 over 32, not enough differences in picture quality or definition to justify the price difference. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Overlay options you can choose to display on the screen are various. On my 93sv I've got time, temp and depth displayed. Simply my opinion but I don't see any reason to go with 34 over 32, not enough differences in picture quality or definition to justify the price difference. Good luck with whichever one you choose.
    well basspro just took off their 10%. There lost!!! I’ll be buying from RMP now!

so with the 93sv you can get temp, and depth with the LVS32 without having the standard transducer?

really need to know this cus I don’t want to remove my HB DI unit if that’s the case. Since I use for that specifically. Especially since my mega360 only does 360 scan!

now just gotta decide if I should wait for the 34! I too don’t see paying another $400 for minimal gains. Some say it’s worth it but I don’t have an exposure with either. Glad to see others thinking make a better once at many to just go with the 32! Thanks for the reply bro!

^^^^
    Here's my 32 mounted on the shaft by itself and also a pic of my screen with temp, depth and time.

20220323_163515.jpg

20201103_131320.jpg

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    ^^^^
    Here's my 32 mounted on the shaft by itself and also a pic of my screen with temp, depth and time.

20220323_163515.jpg

20201103_131320.jpg
    Appreciate they pics and info Bro! So look like I’ll be able to remove my 998 di unit after all. Since the LBS transducer provides all the readouts I need. The Garmin LVS34 with UHD 93sv with transducer is $2400 shipped from RMP. I’m gonna just go that route. I can wait a little longer. Might as well just spend the extra cash since I waited 4 years to decided if I need livescope to begin with. Me being a reluctant on buying electronics other than humminbird. But time to get that livescope action cus megalive looks like crap!

18. Member
    Ditch Pickler. . . I’m at the same stage as you. I took my HB Mega SI off my Kayak, and bought the 93sv UHD so I could get Livescope. My BIGGEST conundrum is, do I get the LVS32 for $1299, or wait for the LVS34 for $1699. I SO want to save money and go for the LVS for $400 less, but after the LVS32 difficulties in visual quality after the upgrade to 19.1 / 19.2 (a little better), I think I’d be better off in the long game going ahead and getting past the $400. So I’m good to wait for the LVS34. Bad thing is, I believe they have put off the shipping date till May 17. I’ve seen that on 2 different websites. They had April last week, but now it has changed.

19. Member
    Yep, I spoke with Garmin today and they said soonest is May

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
    Ditch Pickler. . . I’m at the same stage as you. I took my HB Mega SI off my Kayak, and bought the 93sv UHD so I could get Livescope. My BIGGEST conundrum is, do I get the LVS32 for $1299, or wait for the LVS34 for $1699. I SO want to save money and go for the LVS for $400 less, but after the LVS32 difficulties in visual quality after the upgrade to 19.1 / 19.2 (a little better), I think I’d be better off in the long game going ahead and getting past the $400. So I’m good to wait for the LVS34. Bad thing is, I believe they have put off the shipping date till May 17. I’ve seen that on 2 different websites. They had April last week, but now it has changed.
    I decided to wait till next month and get the LVS34. Makes more just to spend the extra $400 at this point since I don’t currently own live scope. I think if you own it currently it might not make as much sense to upgrade unless you can afford to spend the cash of course. But as for me I just want to have the best tech possible. Last year I got mega 360 and I could have gotten 360 from a friend for half the price but I wanted the clearer picture and it was worth the money. So basically that how I look at it. Shipping currently I was told is 5 weeks out and I’m okay with that. Hope you make up your mind on what you plan on doing! Hook ‘‘em hard bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast