Charging Port Plug Recommendation

My 2020 model CX21 didn't have a plug for charging like my Nitro did (which was excellent). I have to fish the cord out of the back compartment every time I pull in the garage. What are you guys using? Amazon reviews are all over the place. Thanks!

2. Member
    My boat came with a minnkota charger that was hard wired to a plug. When I removed the factory charger and installed the PP Charge, I installed this basic plug. It fit in the hole that was already present.

https://www.bassfishinelectronics.co...c-holder-black
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    My 2020 model CX21 didn't have a plug for charging like my Nitro did (which was excellent). I have to fish the cord out of the back compartment every time I pull in the garage. What are you guys using? Amazon reviews are all over the place. Thanks!
    Really, that may well be some of the back ordered stuff that’s been missing, at one time they had over 20 MILLION ON BACK ORDERED parts. I would pick up one at Amazon and installl it or talk with your dealer about asking Caymas to get you one!

4. Member
    The 19 and 2020 boats came that way. When I was at caymas plant back in 2020. David and I discussed that plug hanging out. I showed him my plug installed I bought. David at plant said Earl would want to change that for sure in latter 2020.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39342196598....c100290.m3507
    Last edited by billproxs; 03-22-2022 at 08:39 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    The 19 and 2020 boats came that way. When I was at caymas plant back in 2020. David and I discussed that plug hanging out. I showed him my plug installed I bought. David at plant said Earl would want to change that for sure in latter 2020.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39342196598....c100290.m3507
    This is the same one he’s used for years, Ranger uses the same one!

6. Member

7. Member
    Take a wire tie with a hole, put a screw threw it and pull the zip tie!!

8. Member
    Get the Noco one from tackle whorehouse. It has a pig tail that plugs into your charger.You may have to Dremel the hole out about a 1/16 of an inch but works great and the plug is rubber it WILL NOT pull out when under way at 70mph. Your gonna look back There and the plug will be flapping in a cpl months with the Marinco. Not a big deal I just can’t deal with that.

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    My 22 CX19 has a built in charging plug in the rear splash well area.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    My 22 CX19 has a built in charging plug in the rear splash well area.
    And they work just fine, same one that Ranger puts in their boats!!

11. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I just screwed this to the underside of the rear hatch and put the plug in it.

http://pcsdv.corecommerce.com/Access...rd-Keeper.html

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

12. Member
    I like the hard wired plug, especially when my boats cover is on. Don't have to open back compartment. Just works for me better.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    I just screwed this to the underside of the rear hatch and put the plug in it.

http://pcsdv.corecommerce.com/Access...rd-Keeper.html
    These use to be standard on Rangers for several years before they started doing like Triton putting the plug in the splash well!

I got the NoCo plug in yesterday and installed. Had to modify the hole a little since the plug is a 2" but the cord kinda comes off the bottom so you need a little more space to get it in there. But it's in and works like a charm! No more fishing out that stinkin' plug for me! Thanks fellas!

15. Member
    Your welcome