Sprint 280 PRO Fuel Hoses , Fill/Vent

Morning all,

Does anyone have hands on experience on the fuel hose/venting system of the 280 PRO fuel tank ?

I've replaced the fuel to motor supply hose but still have the smell of gas when I uncover the boat lets say a week. I'm going to replace the fuel fill hose and the vent hose (if I can find it). I'm not loosing any fuel from the tank, just getting the gasoline scent when ever I uncover the boat.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Gary my Sprint has the vent next to the fill cap...Yours looks like the fill and vent may be integrated? One way I've heard people would keep the cover off of the fill cap. I've never had the fuel smell on mine, altho I rarely cover it except when in the open barn during the pollen wave.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Gary my Sprint has the vent next to the fill cap...Yours looks like the fill and vent may be integrated? One way I've heard people would keep the cover off of the fill cap. I've never had the fuel smell on mine, altho I rarely cover it except when in the open barn during the pollen wave.....
    Thanks Michael, just came back off a cruise to the Panama Canal. Yep it's a fill and vent all in one. I'm gonna try to leave the fill cap off or very loose to see if that makes a difference.
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio