Best place to stay at Dale Hollow

I’ve never been to Dale Hollow and my Dad and I are planning on going next week. We will probably go either Monday thru Thursday or Tuesday thru Friday not sure yet. Where is the best place to stay? We’re just there to fish and have a place to sleep really. We don’t need anything fancy. Just as long as it’s clean and we have a place to plug in the battery charger. I know nothing about the lake so I don’t know what areas are the best to stay or what areas are the best to fish. My Dad has never caught a smallmouth so really my main goal is for him to be able to catch a few smallmouth. Any help would be appreciated.

Toyota series there next week. 300 boats and probably everywhere is booked. Sportsman Lodge is good, basic lodging with boat parking and plug ins.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Agree with Sportsman Lodge in Byrdstown. Raj Market next door has 3 grades of real gas. You would be less than 7 miles from Star Point Marina, with no launch fee and helpful staff. Star Point might also have rooms/cabins available.

I stay at Horse Creek. They have remodeled/upgraded the cabins. They are at the lower end, near the dam. Also have used Starpoint and Cedar Hill. All are good, have gas, launch, docking available.

5. Member
    Dale Hollow is getting destroyed by tournaments and social media. St Clair is where i would go if I was after smallmouth.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    Any updates on water temp., clarity, elevation, floating debris, fishing reports around the Hendricks Ck./Pulsey Ck. location?