Thread: Boat Prices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat Prices

I have been in the market for a little bit now but everything I see is way over priced and a blown motor!!! I just want to fish!!!!!!
    "I found the key to happiness, Fish more, Stress less"

2. Member
    New guy here... Hey, I get it, just pulled the trigger on an old POS with good electronics and engine. She needed TLC but almost wrapped up now. We looked at or considered a bunch of boats that were even worse, or downright frightening, but still asking thousands of dollars. What's more scary, all of those boats sold!

3. Member
    Just gotta be patient. I was in the market all summer and finally came across the boat in my signature for a really good deal. I could sell it right now and make a profit if I wanted to.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Quote Originally Posted by SCMason;[URL="tel:12407607"
    12407607[/URL]]I have been in the market for a little bit now but everything I see is way over priced and a blown motor!!! I just want to fish!!!!!!
    I been in the market for a few yrs

5. Member
    It all evens out.
    In 2016 I paid $60,000 for a BassCat Puma FTD. Sold it for $50,000 ish (due to market conditions).
    In the process of buying a 2022 BassCat Cougar for $83,000 ish (due to market conditions).
    I figure I am paying $10,000 "too much" for the Cougar, but I also sold my Puma for $10,000 "too much".
    The new Cougar will have better graphs, Spot Lock TM, and hydraulic jack plate, the old Puma had decent graphs, but a Fortrex and manual jack plate.
    Like I said, it evens out.

6. Member
    Get a jon boat or fish from the bank if the urge is that strong.

7. Member
    I think prices will come down in the next 1-3 years because lots of people bought boats during covid and now some will realize the maintenance and all the other expensive crap that comes with owning a boat and they will sell after the "new toy" fever wears off.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLCA View Post
    I think prices will come down in the next 1-3 years because lots of people bought boats during covid and now some will realize the maintenance and all the other expensive crap that comes with owning a boat and they will sell after the "new toy" fever wears off.
    And when Stagflation/Recession, Rising interest rates, and High gas prices…

Quote Originally Posted by MLCA View Post
    That’s what I’m waiting for.

10. Member
    The problem with buying from those that lost interest or didn’t know, risk a boat that missed care. Rained in with nose down. Low oil. Mud flats and ignored hot alarm etc. makes me nervous.

11. Member
    I keep hearing people talk about when the prices come down. Have boat prices ever dropped? Have automobiles ever come down in price from the factory?
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about when the prices come down. Have boat prices ever dropped? Have automobiles ever come down in price from the factory?
    It all follows supply and demand. If the economy tanks and people stop buying there will be more supply than demand and prices will go down for used boats. For new boats you will have competing forces. Inflation will drive up the price the manufacturer will have to charge to cover their expenses since the prices of everything else go up, but they will also be competing against lower market demand. Best guess is new boat prices stay about the same.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
    It all follows supply and demand. If the economy tanks and people stop buying there will be more supply than demand and prices will go down for used boats. For new boats you will have competing forces. Inflation will drive up the price the manufacturer will have to charge to cover their expenses since the prices of everything else go up, but they will also be competing against lower market demand. Best guess is new boat prices stay about the same.
    This is an accurate description of what will happen when the economy takes a hard dive, and it will. Just a matter of time and market forces. Be prepared, get rid of debt, it will get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
    +1. New boat prices will never decrease due to the advances in technology, irrelevant to market demand. Used boat prices will however come down.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post

Been hearing the same for 2 years and also how everyone will be dumping these boats cheap. Go talk to a boat manufacturer or dealer right now. Nothing is slowing down anytime soon. I am not sure there's ever gonna be this big crash in that regard.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Been hearing the same for 2 years and also how everyone will be dumping these boats cheap. Go talk to a boat manufacturer or dealer right now. Nothing is slowing down anytime soon. I am not sure there's ever gonna be this big crash in that regard.
    You’re correct. Things will boom until the market actually crashes. Anything short of that, boats will sell like candy.

17. Member
    They may not lower prices directly on new boats, but you will see some hefty rebates once dealer inventory hits high levels.

18. Member
    Look back at the market crash in 08'-09'. New boat prices didn't come down, but a lot of manufacturers went out of business. Used boat prices crashed for about 4-5 years then shot up when market recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    Look back at the market crash in 08'-09'. New boat prices didn't come down, but a lot of manufacturers went out of business. Used boat prices crashed for about 4-5 years then shot up when market recovered.
    Yep. I hate to say it, but if you're waiting on "prices to come down" to buy a new boat, build a new house, etc. you're gonna be waiting for a lonnnggggg time. The best time is always now.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Like has been mentioned already, new boat or car prices will never go down. There are still some deals out there, you just may have to travel for them. I just bought a new Lund for 17% off msrp but I traveled 1,000 miles round trip to get it. Most dealers were selling the boat I bought for straight msrp and a few were even above msrp.

Used prices seem to be all over the place, some that are popping up now are reasonably priced, while other sellers seem like opportunists just testing the waters to see if they can get what they paid for their boat 10+ years ago.
    2022 Lund Tyee 1875, Merc 200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast