Lowrance Live 12 Water Temp Problem

I have a Live 12 with Active Target and the 3-1 Transducer. Hadn't turned on the temp display until this month. Problem is that I am not sure what it is showing. It finally displays what I think is the water temp but only after having the transducer in the water for 30 minutes or so. Then it changes so slowly from spot to spot.

I went in to setting and made sure it is taking temp of "This Unit" and Local. Is there something I am missing?

I followed the steps off of this video (I know it is not the same unit):

thanks in advance.

2. Member
    What version of software is the Lowrance on?

3. Member
    I have the exact same issues been trying to get the issue figured out lowrance is no help at all I have two live 12s and it does it on both units and it doesn't matter which transducer I pull it from same issue. If you get it figured out please post how you fixed it.

4. Member
    Is your 3 in 1 on your trolling motor? I had a similar issue with my temp sensor on my 3 in 1 on my trolling motor. What I figured out was the Sun was heating up the transducer when the trolling motor was up.

I have a PDRT in the bilge and I pull the temp from it on all my units because it is in the water full time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    What version of software is the Lowrance on?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball View Post
    Is your 3 in 1 on your trolling motor? I had a similar issue with my temp sensor on my 3 in 1 on my trolling motor. What I figured out was the Sun was heating up the transducer when the trolling motor was up.

I have a PDRT in the bilge and I pull the temp from it on all my units because it is in the water full time.

Yes, it is on the trolling motor.

7. Member
    I found a NMEA network in a box of old stuff. It has a temp sensor. Can I run that sensor to the back of my Live unit? Never worked with NMEA before so I know nothing about the backbone.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    I found a NMEA network in a box of old stuff. It has a temp sensor. Can I run that sensor to the back of my Live unit? Never worked with NMEA before so I know nothing about the backbone.
    If it is a NMEA sensor it will have to be connected to a network not directly to a unit.